cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

Amanda23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i rarely check my voicemails but it shows i do call it or check it multiple times a day does that get taken off my 100 minutes on my phone plan ?

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda23 - under the OVERVIEW section in your My Account is what you need to pay attention to the counter below.

esjliv_0-1685715843744.png

The detail usage will show usage type "Outgoing Call" regardless if you are calling the voicemail from any device, or someone else is.

As already been said:

1. when someone calls you and it goes to your voicemail, this DOES NOT charge you on your 100 outgoing minutes.
  2. when you call your voicemail from your Public Mobile device, this DOES charge you from your 100 outgoing minutes. A workaround for this is, call your number from another cell or landline/voip number...when you check your voicemail this way, it DOES NOT charge you from your outgoing minutes.

What make and model of phone is it? VoLTE is voice over long term evolution. It uses LTE for the call rather than the older UMTS. There are ways to check that your phone is using LTE for calls.

I had asked because the conditional call forwarding is broken with the introduction of it. One would need support to make it work properly again.

Amanda23

no clue what that is 

The usage details are just a recording of all the activity on the service.

The number that matters is the one on the first page. Is your phone enabled for volte yet?

Amanda23

i just checked my usage and every voicemail call says it’s outgoing and i don’t call my voicemail more than 3 times tops a month how do i know if it is charging me?

Amanda23

r u 100% sure ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amanda23 

if you call and check voicemail from your own phone, YES, it will cost you the minutes

HOWEVER, those you see on the usage,  if you didn't call, they are those who called you , unable to reach you and got routed to the VM.  (Yes, it shows on the usage, too).  Those calls won't count towards your 100 mins

Need Help? Let's chat.