cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

nadezhdatoronto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Team!

why the customers need Voicemail Password? it's absolutely not necessary! to remember different numbers is make using the phone with extra difficulties.

thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

nadezhdatoronto

Thank you!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

security is important for all of us, just keep it simple. i dont mind passwords, its to keep us safe.

nadezhdatoronto

thanks! I'll try it!

nadezhdatoronto

thanks! 

what we read there-

To protect your privacy, we recommend always requiring a password for voicemail access, even if you’re calling from your own phone.

BUT- to protect our privacy we may have password at our phone and  it isn't convenient to have extra password for  listening to voicemail.

@gblackma wrote:

@nadezhdatoronto you can remove the voicemal  password requirement on your phone. Here's a link on how to set up your voicemail. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Thank you gblackma, I did not know that.

Right now someone can call your number from another phone, press * at your greeting and then be directed to your voicemail. They would then need to enter a pw to get into it to listen to messages etc. 

Call your number from another phone and press * during the greeting message.

@nadezhdatoronto you can remove the voicemal  password requirement on your phone. Here's a link on how to set up your voicemail. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

nadezhdatoronto

thank you. but if somebody called me at my phone number, who except me can see it. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@nadezhdatoronto wrote:

Dear Team!

why the customers need Voicemail Password? it's absolutely not necessary! to remember different numbers is make using the phone with extra difficulties.

thank you.

Without the pw, someone else can access your voicemail using another phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.