cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

us roaming add on not working

DenaSchanzer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

purchased 10 day unlimited package, cannot call out or receive calls after several days,- making calls message no minutes available received calls  go to voice mail  , received text says add on will expire will expire tomorrow

7 REPLIES 7

hayleyreadmusic

Same thing happened to me last weekend 😞

JL9
Mayor / Maire

These issues seem to be increasing recently. This isn't all too surprising as the 3G shutdown at the start of the month. It seems people should really look into the alternatives for US data/phone and PM should either update their US roaming capabilities or shut them down and pull them off altogether.

365greg

I had the same problem but when I checked my data setting, my "data roaming" was OFF!! (my own fault!!). I turned it back on and now it seems to be working. The next thing I was going to try was switching from T-mobile to AT&T

There is no telephone call-in at PM. Go to top of this page and click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of CSA assistance. Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

To be sure...getting the 10 Day US Roaming add-on is a 2 step process. First is add $$ to her account...second is then go back and buy that add-on. Reboot phone. It will only work while in US.

edit...look in Available Funds to see if her $$ are sitting there...if so, now go back and buy the add-on.

Mmozel

We are having the same problem.  Our daughter left for the US today and at first my calls went to voice mail, and now I get a busy signal. I’ve tried to contact Public and can’t get through to customer service

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account / Plan Details to see your add-ons. If it's not noted there...that means you didn't successfully buy it yet.

Is the $$ you spent for the 10 Day US Roaming add-on sitting in Available Funds ? If so, now go back and buy it.

Some are reporting poor talk experiences due to US networks are retiring 3g. Try manually selecting either T-Mobile or AT&T to see which works best.

hairbag1_0-1657165973603.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DenaSchanzer   

is that a Talk Text roaming only  or include data as well?

did you try connect to both T-Mobile and AT&T?  neither of them work?  If you have not tried yet, manually connect to both of them and see which one work.  Do not rely on Automatic network selection

Since it is expiring tomorrow, if you giving up, you can open ticket with PM support and try to ask them to reverse the transaction and put the money back to your account for future use

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.