cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock my iphone 6 please :(

lee09jason
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please unlock my iphone 6 !!

I have activated my sim card already, but after inserting my sim card, i found out my phone is locked.

IMEI #: 35 202xxxxxxxxx

Model: NG4N2LL/A

Phone Model: Iphone 6

6 REPLIES 6

@lee09jason If your phone is Rogers/Fido check out this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Unlock-Fido-Rogers-iPhones-15/m-p/198...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 thanks for reading my mind, and beating me to the reply.  🙂  That's pretty much exactly what I was going to post.

I really can't wait for all phones to be sold unlocked (or immediately unlocked for free) as of Dec 1st to get rid of this issue (after a while of course).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM would only be able to unlcok Telus or Koodo locked phones.  

Since your phone is not working with PM, its locked to some other carrier and not to PM's sister companies.  As such, you will have to get it unlocked from the carrier its locked to, or use a 3rd party unlcoker.  Most carriers have already started unlocking phones for free now, ahead of the December deadline.  You will need an account with the carrier to get it unlocked from them though.  

@lee09jason Where did you hear that? I head about koodo but not Public Mobile. 

ohhh, you are right. See here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237/jump-to...

It would be good if they update us on that by putting an announcement. 

lee09jason
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

but as of Nov.9th, PM unlocks phones for free of charge, no?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You might wanna try asking the carrier you bought it from. If you are willing to pay the fees around $50, PM might be able to unlock it. Or you can use any other phone till a month or so when unlocking will be free sometime in December. 

EDIT: See below.

Need Help? Let's chat.