cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to call out

wendyanderson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just got set up.  cant callout. says i dont have long distance.   i am calling only local, my own house number.

6 REPLIES 6

@BKNS27 wrote:

@wendyanderson 

Are you porting your old number from another carrier? You will need to confirm that your are switching over to PM.

If not, try powering off your phone then turn on your phone after 10 minutes as noted by everyone.

Number porting doesn't affect outgoing calls. Outgoing calls work immediately after requesting a number to be ported in.

@esjliv wrote:

@wendyanderson wrote:

just got set up.  cant callout. says i dont have long distance.   i am calling only local, my own house number.

@wendyanderson  -

Do you have your other services?

*calls coming in

*texting in/out

*data working?

Follow @darlicious trouble shooting and see if that does anything.

You could see if the same thing happens if try your SIM in another Public Mobile compatible phone?

Are you in Manitoba, by any chance? Although, I do not think this is the issue...but just in case.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

A customer hearing an error message that long distance isn't included with the plan means that there is signal.  This means that network changes aren't the issue in this situation.

@wendyanderson 

Public Mobile sometimes plays back strange error messages to customers if something went wrong with the provisioning of your service or if you're run out of minutes. Are you on a $10 or $15 plan that doesn't include unlimited calling?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wendyanderson 

Are you porting your old number from another carrier? You will need to confirm that your are switching over to PM.

If not, try powering off your phone then turn on your phone after 10 minutes as noted by everyone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@wendyanderson 

Try adding +1 before the area code. 

To add the "+" before the 1, hold down the zero button on the phone dial pad, then proceed with dialing the 10 digit number. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wendyanderson wrote:

@wendyanderson  -

Do you have your other services?

*calls coming in

*texting in/out

*data working?

Follow @darlicious trouble shooting and see if that does anything.

You could see if the same thing happens if try your SIM in another Public Mobile compatible phone?

Are you in Manitoba, by any chance? Although, I do not think this is the issue...but just in case.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wendyanderson 

This is a glitch that happens sometimes but try a few things to see if you can clear it up on your own.

1. Make sure you put a (1) in front of the number.
  2. Allow the entire message to play and see if it connects afterwards.
  3. Reboot your phone and try again.
  4. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  5. Power off your phone. Remove your sim. Wait 10min. Reinsert your sim. Try to make a call.
  6. Call 611. Do you get the same message?

If all of these fail to fix the problem wait a couple of hours and try again. If the issue persists then an account reset or reprovisioning your sim card will need to be done by the moderators.

To contact the moderators click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in "account specific issue" followed by "I need a human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. 

Wait times are normally 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Current wait times are averaging 2 hours during moderator service hours. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Need Help? Let's chat.