cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to acess account

KnightS1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up for service with Public Mobile, activated a new sim card and registered for the online self serve account, and 2 days later I was unable to log in.  Someone has changed my password, and the answer to my security question - how can i reset the password to gain access? 

Also - the charge to my visa showed up as "Koodo top up"  not a charge from public mobile...  what does the charge usually show up as on a bank statement?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KnightS1980 wrote:

I recently signed up for service with Public Mobile, activated a new sim card and registered for the online self serve account, and 2 days later I was unable to log in.  Someone has changed my password, and the answer to my security question - how can i reset the password to gain access? 

Also - the charge to my visa showed up as "Koodo top up"  not a charge from public mobile...  what does the charge usually show up as on a bank statement?

Thanks!

"Koodo topup" is correct.  I am a new Public Mobile customer and I had the same confusion.  It was explained to me that because Public Mobile and Koodo share many backend systems including the payment debiting system it looks like.  Even though the debiter is "Koodo topup" the payment is indeed applied to the Public Mobile account. 

As to the inability to access "Self Serve" you would need to contact Public Mobile customer agent for them to reset the access.  They can be contacted by sending a private message with "CS_Agent" as the recipient.  In the meantime, I would suggest for you to be more careful with how and where you log into Public Mobile "self serve".  Always log out from self-serve and close down the browser as soon as you have logged out.  And you should delete all the cookies and cache files too from the browser from time to time.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KnightS1980 

It is strange that someone changed your password and security question. As others have pointed out, you will need to contact a PM CS Agent to get into your Self Serve account.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@KnightS1980 Since you do not know the answer to the security question, only way to reset password is to contact PM CSA agent. Seeing Koodo on a transaction is normal as Koodo is a sister brand and both brands owned by Telus.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
    Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KnightS1980 

You may find that the initial charge does display this way.

Regarding account access issues,  you'll need the CSA's:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KnightS1980 wrote:

Thanks!

Both Kood and PM are owned by Telus and there has been many reports that people seeing PM used Koodo to charge, you will probably see both Public Mobile and Koodo in the future

for the login.  If you have tried Forgot password link and unable to get through, you have to open a ticket with PM to reset the password:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Forgot Log In Information", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.