cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble transferring number

rocketrichard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I started transferring my number yesterday evening.  I initiated the transfer,  confirmed it via the SMS sent by my previous carrier and then then switched to my new public mobile sim card. 

Having waited the prescribed 5hrs my phone still does not work.  If I try to call someone I get the auto voice saying

" sorry we cannot complete your call,  since you don't have an active plan on your account"

I paid for a plan when I ordered the card and money has already come off for the first month. I activated the sim card correctly via the public mobile app on my phone.  Currently I cannot even log in to my public mobile app on my phone,  as soon as I enter my password I get bounced back to the login window.  (I am logged in now on my partners device)

I have removed and reinserted the sim card to make sure it is seated properly and restarted the phone several times.  And reinstalled the public mobile app

2 REPLIES 2

rocketrichard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot make calls using PM sim and the old carrier sim is not working at all.

I have submitted a PM to CS_Agent. When I try to activate a ticket via the chat bot I get "Forbidden A1"

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rocketrichard 

can your phone with the PM sim connect to the network at all?   Can you put the old carrier sim back to a phone and confirm if there is service with the old carrier?

if you cannot make calls using PM sim and the old carrier sim is not working at all, then porting was done and just a PM provisioning issue.   Easy for for PM support, but please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.