cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble setting up account

Marianne7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got an error code M.8701
It said: "it looks like something went wrong when we tried to create your account"
It said my payment went through but the account set up failed
I'm not sure if my sim card has been sent to me
I have not received any confirmation emails
I ordered a SIM and subscribed to the $15/month plan

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne7

thank you so much. I would not have known how to send a message to customer service agent without your help. I got through to them and they said my account won't be set up until I get the sim. I wish that the error message did not come up but instead it said "your account will be set up once you receive and put in your sim card"

@Marianne7 - we are not public mobile representatives here on the community forum. WE are customers just like you.

Did you activate an esim, or order a sim to get mailed to you?

Try logging in through a webbased browser and see if the Forgot your email or password option works to log in.

Otherwise, if you want to get access to your My Account ask CSA for help or assistance.

Go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

If you did activate an esim, click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance and see if they can assist.

Marianne7

can you also please see if my payment went through twice? I entered the credit card info etc twice and both times it said that it went through...

Marianne7

I downloaded the app and put in my email address but it says : please enter a valid email address ughhh
I did put in a valid email address.
Can you pleae look in my account to see if it is activated? when I use my email address on the website it accepts it and lets me get into the application. It says my application is not complete though so I'm not actually able to log into my account on the website - just getting back into the incomplete application

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Marianne7   Are you using the Public Mobile app or the website?  You need to be using the app to complete the activation - it's optional after that.  I assume you ordered a physical sim card rather than an e-sim?   How  long has it been, they are rather slow to arrive unfortunately.  

Need Help? Let's chat.