cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travelling abroad

Rainbow8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to Israel for a couple months and I will be getting an Israeli phone plan while I'm there, can I "pause" my plan with public mobile or should I just cancel my phone plan and re-join when I get back to Canada?

7 REPLIES 7

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

All you need to know about being away for an extended period of time, courtesy of @Luddite :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M... 

@lankancheetah wrote:

If longer than 90 days, then you will need to either keep autopay on the cheapest plan, or you will risk losing your profile.

@lankancheetah @Rainbow8 Not so. As indicated by previous replies, so long as they renew prior to the 90 day limit, they effectively buy another month of the cheapest service and another 90 days deferral beyond that.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rainbow8 wrote:

I am going to Israel for a couple months and I will be getting an Israeli phone plan while I'm there, can I "pause" my plan with public mobile or should I just cancel my phone plan and re-join when I get back to Canada?

You don't have to cancel your account and activate another account when you come back.  It will cost you another SIM card and you need to get a new number.

Options:

1.  If you have available fund in your account enough to pay for your plan fee, you can report your phone lost, your account will be suspended.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled and your phone number will be gone.  Since you are on vacation for couple months, you have enough time to pay you plan fee and reactivate your account.

2.  If you do not have enough available fund to pay for your plan fee, you can disable the autopay.  Your account will be suspended on your next renewal day.  You need to pay your plan fee on the 89th day or earlier to reactivate your account.

lankancheetah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How many months are you going to be out of country? If less than 3, so less than 90 days, then your phone number and profile will be waiting for you when you return.

If longer than 90 days, then you will need to either keep autopay on the cheapest plan, or you will risk losing your profile.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then remove it and if you want to keep your phone and account make a payment before 90 days.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rainbow8 you can leave your phone dormant for up to 90 days without losing your account. You can either remove the credit card from the account or place it on lost/ stolen. Enjoy your trip. Stay safe. 

20200504_182846.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.