cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

traveling to the USA - have 50gb plan

pnk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone -

I am a little confused:  traveling to the USA and I have the 34$ 50 gb plan with unlimited data/text/voice to the USA.

Does this mean I can use this plan while I am IN the USA?  Do I need to purchase something different?

Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Foghorn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, I have the same $34 Can/US plan and couldn't get data to work until I enabled data roaming. I'm here making sure I've got it right. Can't beat a plan like this, glad I jumped on it when it was still offered 👍

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pnk 

You’re good to go! It is the same plan that I have. As has been mentioned previously, turn on data roaming. If you have a 5G phone, change the settings to 4G (or LTE). If your phone isn’t automatically connecting to T-Mobile or AT&T, turn off the “automatic” setting and manually choose one of them. (Verizon is not a PM roaming partner.) You will probably receive an automated text message from Public Mobile when you enter the US telling you about US add-ons. Just ignore it. It is sent to all PM subscribers when they enter the US.

pnk
I have no idea why this keeps getting deleted - this is my plan... please review.

$34/month
50GB within Canada and the US Data at 5G Speed
5G Speed up to 250mbps
Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
Calling Features: Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, and Conference Calling

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pnk 

It depends if you are on the Canada/USA plan or just the Canada plan.

If you have only the Canada plan then you can only call from Canada. You will need a USA Roaming Add-on plan to make calls in the USA.

If you are on the Canada/USA plan. The plan allows calls to and from Canada and USA.

pnk

no need to purchase anything else with a $34 plan?  this is so worth it.

thank you

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pnk  No need to purchase anything else , you have a snow bird plan and it will work in the US . Just make sure you have data roaming turned on in phone settings . Also set phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T . And enjoy your trip 😉 

Need Help? Let's chat.