cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferred land line

newsystemstore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred a landline to a new cell phone about 5 days ago. Calls from other cell phones are coming through but calls from other land lines are still ringing on our landline phone. This does not even make sense to me.

5 REPLIES 5

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I transfer a landline a few months back from bell. Took 5 days for them to call me and 1 more before they did it. Just give it some time as landline take a while to transfer. It should take 3 to 4 business days for the transfer to happen. Also someone need to be around to answer the call when it comes in.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting land line usually takes a while. Some reported up to 7 days (or longer).
Did you get confirmation from land line provider they are transferring your number to PM?
I would wait few more days, talk to old provider and if needed open a ticket with PM.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@newsystemstore 

Seems like a porting issue. I will private the po rting teams phone number to get it sorted out. Check your inbox.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @newsystemstore 

those calls that came, do you know if they are from PM or Telus or Koodo only?

it is weird that calls from landline does not work, it sounds to me it is a failed porting

PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This sounds like the port didn't fully work. I'll send you a phone number to call to hopefully resolve this. Check your mail box in the top right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.