cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer number

ghelenx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I took out my Sim card too early and did not receive the text from my old provider. Now I cannot receive messages or calls. Should I call my old provider?

14 REPLIES 14

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alexandf wrote:

@computergeek541 

the customer coming in not port out?

@Alexandf   if you don't even know, why you replied?    You don't understand the question, how you give the right answer?  

@Alexandf wrote:

@computergeek541 

That wouldn't make a difference. Save for a some exceptional circumstances, it's not the old carrier who the customer cotnacts to fix number porting. Even if the old carrier does need to be contacted to manually inteferene, it's the job of the new carrier to do all of that.

@Alexandf wrote:

@computergeek541 

You need to carefully read and understand what the customer has said and to use that information to translate it into what they need to do.

They are porting in. As in all cases of porting, the new provider is the one to support the process. All the old provider cares is that the account needs to be active and that they will send the confirmation text on request to the sim on the account. The new provider sends that request. This customer didn't do their part of leaving the old sim in and confirming the text. So now they need to either use the porting department as provided or use the support people as also provided.

@RossN wrote:

@softech  I think @computergeek541  would make a great mentor for @Alexandf  😄

@computergeek541   .  Think twice, It's a tough job.. ask her first mentor how hard it was.

Moved:

Members should not be encouraging others to unexpectedly send referral codes to other members, nor should they be implying to check for a code that may have just been sent unsolicited.

@softech  I think @computergeek541  would make a great mentor for @Alexandf  😄

@Alexandf wrote:

@ghelenx 

yes call old provider

@Alexandf  What's for?

Alexandf

@computergeek541 

@Alexandf wrote:

@computergeek541 

who can be redirect sms?

I don't undersatnd what the above means, but it's the new carrier that gets everything done. The customer does not need to and should not be contacting the old carrier.

Alexandf

@computergeek541 

who can be redirect sms?

@Alexandf wrote:

@ghelenx 

yes call old provider

Please do not spread misinformation.

@ghelenx wrote:

I took out my Sim card too early and did not receive the text from my old provider. Now I cannot receive messages or calls. Should I call my old provider?

Do not call your old provider. Since you're porting to Public Mobile, it's the new carrier responsible for all arragnements and troubleshooting and for contacting the old carrier to get this resolved.  Please open a ticket with a Public mobile customer support agent by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ghelenx hi I will  private message you the number to reinitiate transfer request 

Alexandf

@ghelenx 

yes call old provider

Need Help? Let's chat.