Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talking to an agent

shore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

My 2nd phone with a 2nd number is broken

I can't access any information and can't recall if i ever registered with the 2nd number

All i  have is the number and can't access the system to stop payments. How do i reach an agent ?

Thanks

Problem is hopefully solved, as i was able to create a ticket and reach customer service. They verified my identity and stopped the payments. I still do not have access to the account and i am hoping that the payments will have stopped as of today. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@shore wrote:

Hi

My 2nd phone with a 2nd number is broken

I can't access any information and can't recall if i ever registered with the 2nd number

All i  have is the number and can't access the system to stop payments. How do i reach an agent ?

Thanks

Problem is hopefully solved, as i was able to create a ticket and reach customer service. They verified my identity and stopped the payments. I still do not have access to the account and i am hoping that the payments will have stopped as of today. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

@shore  - interesting, what was your intention here, to stop payments temporarily or permanently?

Just so you know - after 90 days of suspended/non-payment status, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1 - Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), any rewards or Available Funds balance that was in your account at time of suspension, and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2 - Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : lol...yup. People just just want the fast easy answer. Seems few people have any interest into delving into how and why or to try things. So if it's just about contacting the CSA's then I would tend to wander away in boredom. Maybe that'll happen. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand your frustration; I love to ask question to better understand issue(s) customers have. But VERY rarely you get answers on your questions so fellow active Community members try to provide most appropriate answers.

People's attention span is very short these days. Most are impatient and used to pick up a phone and talk to live person WHO will ask the same question you (and I) ask.

So why it is difficult to answer them in writing when we ask? Beats me...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Which is why I probe with questions to get to the heart of what brought the customer here. Just blithely answering the question is just lazy. Sure yeah here's how but why and would you be interested in other options?

And again with the argument made to those people that dump the customer off onto the CSA's immediately...why then are we here? It just becomes a boring race to be the first to say contact the CSA's. Does that interest you? It certainly doesn't interest me. The kicker of course is that it's never the wrong answer. It just makes for an automaton community then. Heck, the whole place could be completely automated by an auto-reply that gives the same instruction. Or forget the whole thing and have one big button under Support or something that goes straight to the stupid chatbot. Fun eh? No more hassle with whining community members. No more paying out rewards for participation. No more invisible Oracles seemingly getting their guaranteed 20 bucks for nothing.

Done and done. Is that what we would like. Is that where we're headed?

@Anonymous wrote:

Use 18554public from another phone

Great advice. But do YOU really think OP remembers his PIN when he is not even sure if he created self-serving account? Plus he asked to reach agent so be it. When people ask for help I ask questions to try to figure out How to help them out.

Unfortunately in many cases question is posted and OP never comes back with/for follow up.

Nevertheless, your advice is very sound and I will try to remember it for the next time.

And no need to get upset. Enjoy sunny day, do not listen news, take a long walk... 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Use 18554public from another phone to access the limited account options there. Use 4 digit PIN to turn off autopay.

Assuming the phone is physically broken rendering it unusable, is the SIM intact? If so, it can be used in any other unlocked compatible phone. Then continue to use the service in that phone or use 611 from there to do the same as the toll free number.

Or the credit card pause on renewal night to suspend the account.

But these ideas would need the participation of the OP. Crickets. As happens. Getting answers to our questions helps us direct the customer to solutions. It's the lazy ol' contact CSA's that we've seen all too often and now even from an exalted fellow customer here that grates on my nerves. Always has.

But I get it...subject line and question...the literal answer to the question is what was provided. But I think too many people think their only resolution is via whatever customer service department. Many times it is. But in this case, the OP has options.

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. I see the subject line. I see the question. But the OP has options rather than running off to the CSA's and wasting time waiting for their reply and the back and forth of verifying ownership.

I do not see what options OP has based on what he said?!?

Second phone broken. Has no account or not sure if he ever opened one. Cannot access account.

How are we supposed to help him out? I see only agent can help in this situation.

If you have better idea, lets hear it so we all learn how to handle such situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. I see the subject line. I see the question. But the OP has options rather than running off to the CSA's and wasting time waiting for their reply and the back and forth of verifying ownership.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@shore 

You can reach a CS_Agent by private messaging on top of this page but they will need your secret PIN, answer your your security question, phone number, email address, address etc. 

If you don’t remember registering your account, you will need all this info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shore   If you think you might have created login to Self-serve My Account, you can try to use the  the Forgot Password link and try to reset the password by putting in the correct email address

If you are unable to reset it that way, I suggest you to simply open ticket with PM Support by direct message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shore : Why are you intending to stop payments? What do you mean broken? Do you have the SIM? Can you see what it does in another phone? Do you have your 4 digit PIN on hand?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shore , click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner and initiate a support ticket.  This is the normal route for access to the CSA team.  This is the official help article covering the various forms of support.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

Need Help? Let's chat.