cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suddenly 'emergency calls only'... now what?

divedive
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've have had this phone and PM service for about 6 months - happy customer. Yesterday, after returning from a visit to the US (which I have done nearly every weekend throughout) my phone does not find PM cellular service.  What now?

Things I've tried:

restart the phone several times. 

change network type from LTE/WCDMA/GSM -> WCDMA/GSM and GSM only.  restarting each time.

Neither fix issue.

Is there anythign else I can try?

thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

divedive

Thanks for your reply.

Account Status Active, Balance $0 (paid in full via autopay), next autopay Nov 21, still have 30% data remaining, etc.

removed sim card 2 (not pm), reboot - PM Service! 

reinsert sim card 2, reboot - service on both!

THANK YOU!!!

What plan do you have? Could it be that your plan has expired ? Check the self service page to confirm you have everything in order. Take out sim #2  and reboot.

divedive

Would buying a new sim card work? 

Can you swap sims w/o having to pay again? I've already autopaid for the month.

divedive

What else can I do? Am I just out of luck? lol!

divedive

tried reseating sim card. 

no love.

any more ideas would be wonderful.

divedive

Thanks.

Huawei Mate SE. Very affordable adn convenient for so much travel between US and Canada.

Oh, that's a nifty thing.  I don't have a suggestion.  Having the dual sim shouldn't matter at all.

divedive

deactivated via Plan & Add Ons / Lost Stolen Phone > Suspend Service

waited 15 min. Resumed service.

Restart phone.

unfortunately that didn't work.

divedive

correct. its a dual sim phone. I live in NY, work in Canada.  my phone allows me to deactivate each sim card independently.  When I cross into the US, i deactivate. been working like a charm for 6 months - until now. 

So, you're not actually using the phone while in the US, it's just with you?

divedive

Thanks for the reply.

Account active.

I turn my PM sim off shortly after crossing the boarder.

when attempting to connect manually I don't find the network.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@divedive, some folks are using the self-serve function of setting your phone to lost for 5-10 minutes, then telling the system it's been found.  It seems to re-activate everything for a good number of folks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@divedive, I assume your account is in active status.  I have heard of customers who buy US add-ons running into texting issues upon expiry of the US add-on, but nothing as drastic as inability to connect to the network.  Anyway, try doing a manual search for the Public Mobile network to see if the phone can connect manually.  If the account is active and you cannot manually connect, maybe there is some sort of hardware issue that just reared its ugly head.

Need Help? Let's chat.