cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stranded in limbo

MrsWendyB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered my sim card from Public Mobile this afternoon, and set up my account, pre-paying for 90 days, and transferring my existing cell phone number to Public Mobile.  According to the site, everything went fine, although I didn't get an acknowledging email or anything.  The site even said that the phone number was transferred over.

My phone number is still registered to my old provider.  (I put my Public Mobile sim card into a new cell phone, so the sim card from my old provider is still in my old cell phone.  When I try to call my cell phone number from my land line, my old cell phone rings.)

When I try to connect to the Public Mobile Network on my new cell phone, I get a message saying it can't connect, that either the sim card isn't in or the network is unavailable.  The sim card is recognized, because when I put my sim card from my other provider in this phone, it didn't show the Public Mobile network, but when I put in the sim card from Public Mobile, the network does show up. 

When I try to log into my Public Mobile account, I can't get in.  I knew I was using the correct password, but since I repeatedly couldn't get in, I clicked on "forgot my password".  It had me input my email address twice again, and then it said that my email address wasn't recognized.  I tried it another couple of times, with the same result.

So I can't use the phone, and I can't get into my account to find out what's going on, and there's no way of contacting the actual company.

5 REPLIES 5

MrsWendyB

I've already been taken care of by a wonderfully helpful moderator.  Thanks very much for your message.  🙂

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @MrsWendyB Hope it all works out for you...

The community is a bit focussed on the whole #LessForMore thing right now but the Mods are great and they will take care of you!

MrsWendyB

I stand corrected.  I have received a reply from a moderator, who is going to help me.

MrsWendyB

I've already done that, but have had no reply.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to send the moderators a private message to fix your port

To send a private message to the Moderator_Team click here

In your message send them:
1) account email address
2) PM phone number
3) explanation of what is happening
4) link to this thread if you want
5) if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and number

Need Help? Let's chat.