cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

Brittany525
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally activated an account. I lost my Sim card for and then I got a new Sim card with a different number but I activated the wrong account. I was just wondering if I could get a refund so then I can pay for the one that I am using

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Darn, @Brittany525 

You're going to have to get ANOTHER SIM card and use the Change SIM card function in self-serve.

The money you paid for the new service will only last for one cycle.   Make sure you remove the auto-pay designation in the Payment tab.   

Alternatively, you could also provide the SIM card to a friend/family member who may wish to move to Public Mobile... (added: if that option is available, you could also provide them your referral code and they could use the self-serve account with the e-mail you activated with to update the Customer Support Agents with your referral code.   They can also ask them to change the e-mail address of the new account to theirs.    Again, just make sure the associated payment card attached to the new account is not enabled and moved to THEIRS, if someone's going to take it over)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Brittany525 PM is a prepaid service and they cannot provide refund. With the new sim card you activated, instead of activating a new account, yuu should have login to your self serve My Account and use the Change SIM option.  I am afraid you might have to buy a new sim card for your first account to change sim again.

maybe open ticket with support and see if they can help, maybe reimburse you a new sim card cost

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Add:

For the 2nd account you activated, remember to disable Pre-authorized payments or PM will keep changing you that account you mo longer want

Need Help? Let's chat.