cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not working

brenda1973
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay so i bought 5 public mobile SIM Cards to set up new numbers. 

i set the first one up with no issues, the sim card activated and worked right away and has been great for the last week or so, now i am setting up the second one so i grab a new sim card, activate it online and make a new account with another email to activate the second one. 

I typed in the new SIM Card Number and picked my plan, phone number, made my account, and set up auto pay on my credit Card.

The plan said it was active and so i put the SIM Card in my Unlocked iPhone 11 to which it said not activated. 

I tried calling the number Public Mobile assigned me from another device and some lady answered saying that it has been her number for over a year...

i waited a few hours before bringing the sim card back to the store i got it from, and they replaced it with a new one. 

Once i got home i went online and changed SIM Card online and typed in the new number, then i changed my phone number and picked a new number.. 

the sim card is still not working.. ive gotten emails saying it was sucesful, and the payment went through on my credit card, so why isnt my sim card working?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brenda1973 - did you power off the phone completely with the SIM card inside, then restart it.

Try also performing a reset of the device's network settings.

If the SIM card does not work in another compatible, unlocked phone then submit a ticket with CSA to check the account and new SIM you swapped on your account.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@brenda1973 wrote:

Okay so i bought 5 public mobile SIM Cards to set up new numbers. 

i set the first one up with no issues, the sim card activated and worked right away and has been great for the last week or so, now i am setting up the second one so i grab a new sim card, activate it online and make a new account with another email to activate the second one. 

I typed in the new SIM Card Number and picked my plan, phone number, made my account, and set up auto pay on my credit Card.

The plan said it was active and so i put the SIM Card in my Unlocked iPhone 11 to which it said not activated. 

I tried calling the number Public Mobile assigned me from another device and some lady answered saying that it has been her number for over a year...

i waited a few hours before bringing the sim card back to the store i got it from, and they replaced it with a new one. 

Once i got home i went online and changed SIM Card online and typed in the new number, then i changed my phone number and picked a new number.. 

the sim card is still not working.. ive gotten emails saying it was sucesful, and the payment went through on my credit card, so why isnt my sim card working?

The issue with Public Mobile accidently assigning you a phone number that is already in use is something that does ocassionally happen.  You've fixed that part by performing a phone number change.

I would suggest hooking your phone up to a computer and running the iTunes program to if that helps. Pay attention to any on screen messages about the carrier possibly not being supported (which would mean your phone isn't unlocked). 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brenda1973   What was the error message on the phone?  No SIM?  SIM not provisioned?  No Network?

And you have a perfectly working sim from the first activation?  put that sim in the iPhone 11 and see if it works

Also, try the other way, put the new sim on another phone what works perfectly with your first sim , see if it works

If in the worst case, both sim do not work on your iPhone 11, check if it is blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

brenda1973
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is carrier unlocked.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brenda1973 hi try your other working sim in your phone if it still doesn't work your phone may be locked or try your new one in your other phone that works 😀 

Need Help? Let's chat.