cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card faulty

bumblebee506
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to activate the sim card I purchased online. After picking the plan I wanted an clicking continue, the "processing" icon appeared and eventually timed-out. now the account I tried setting up is not allowing me to sign in saying "email cannot be verified, and when I try clicking activate new sim and punch in the #, it tells me the card has already been activated. What do I do? I am beyond frustrated that I cannot speak or chat with anyone to get this resolved....

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@bumblebee506 When your activation failed that SIM card was reserved by PM's system; hence, the "already activated" message. That usually clears in a couple of hours. So you could try activating once more from the beginning. https://activate.publicmobile.ca

Suggestions if you do wish to try again:

- clear your browser's cache and use incognito/private browsing mode, or a different browser

- use a different email address just to be safe

- turn of any VPN and popup/ad blocker

If that fails you will need to continuing waiting for the moderators. I assume you sent them a private message?  message to moderators If not, they will need your SIM card number and the account email address you wish to use.

Hang in there. Better days to come.Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bumblebee506

Minday evenong now and no response 😪 here's hoping tomorrow tomorrow... 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hopefully they can get to you soon. it is a monday morning so things could be slow sometimes!

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

Usually the mods take a few hours to get back to you. Hopefully in the mean time you can check out the forums to see what a great community we have here. I hope this issue hasn't darkens your image too much of Public. Please let us know if you have any firfurt questions or you don't hear back sometime today from the mods.

Cheers,

Liam

bumblebee506

I tried that but it did not help. I did send a message to the moderator but still waiting on a reply. 

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

I am very sorry that this issue is happening to you. What I would recommend is actually trying to process the acticaacti in incognito mode. You SIM is saved in your browser's cache and potentially you browser is try to keep the SIM for the previous attempt. If that doesn't work and it still is saying already used, you can contact a moderator to see if you can setup a replacement SIM.

@CS_Agent@bumblebee506

Cheers,

Liam

Need Help? Let's chat.