cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card adaptor

dominiqueboy71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need the sim card adaptor..I want to change phone from s3 to s6 samsu g galaxy but i still want to keep my old phone but before I trim the sim card I want to have the adaptor. whete do i buy the adapter

7 REPLIES 7

dominiqueboy71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks everyone , I will buy the tri sim card adapter..thanks again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dominiqueboy71 wrote:

I need the sim card adaptor..I want to change phone from s3 to s6 samsu g galaxy but i still want to keep my old phone but before I trim the sim card I want to have the adaptor. whete do i buy the adapter

You are going from a Micro size (larger) to a Nano size (smaller).

If you want to private message me with your city, I could provide you one if we are in the same city. But I feel cell shops are throwing these away regularly so perhaps their trash can be your treasure. They may just give you some that have been disposed of.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If your SIM card is exactly Standard or Micro without ability to 'become' nano you have two options.

- Get brand new PM SIM card. It is 3-in-1 design. You pop out size you need.

- Physically trim your card to smaller size. Look on Internet for dimensions and how to do it. Go to any mobile store and ask them if they have any discarded adapters. Most people buying phone get SIM, pup out size they need and throw away the rest (leas at the store). They you will have your nano and adapters for bigger size.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dominiqueboy71 

The Triple Punch SIM card fits most phones as it’s a Standard, Micro and Nano SIM card all rolled into one; simply turn off device and remove the SIM card in the size that fits and insert it into your phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dominiqueboy71 

Check your current micro SIM card in your s3 carefully for the pre-cut trace and try to pop out the nano SIM out of the micro adaptor. 

I activate my account 4 years ago and PM was using the tri-cut SIM already.

When did you purchase your PM SIM card?

If you are in Calgary, I can give you a micro SIM adaptor.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dominiqueboy71  don't waste money.

You can buy a new sim card  for $10 and then request change sim card on My Account, which will allows you to keep the same number as PM will program the new sim card with your account info

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dominiqueboy71 

Do you have a really really old SIM card? Most SIM cards are a tri-cut SIM card which means you can snap out the nano SIM card from the microsized SIM card and save the frame or the adapter in case you need to use the larger size again. Unless your sim card is a nano and you need to go up to a micro size SIM card which I doubt but it's always possible.

Edit:

IMG_20220821_143304009~2.jpg

Top is an old SIM card that was one size. Below is a tri-cut SIM card and the frames that you snap out to resize the SIM card to micro and nano sized SIM card. Simply snap together the frame back on the SIM card to go back up in size.

Geez I hate using a phone on the community forum!

Need Help? Let's chat.