5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@lukepatrick  Was this resolved? How?

Many SMS issues can be resolved by 

forcing a change of your SMS settings.  

1. Go to Settings
  2. Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo
  3. When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.
  4. Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lukepatrick 

Did texting EVER work, or has this issue just recently begun?  Does calling (in and out) work?  Does your account status display as ACTIVE in self-serve?   What do you hear when you dial 611?

Did you try:

• rebooting your device
  • resetting network connections
  • toggling airplane mode on/off
  • removing and reinserting the SIM card

Failing that, did you check RCS settings on the device (i.e. iMessage or Chat) to ensure these settings aren't conflicting in any way with use of SMS services.

If all the above was tried, and checked, suppose you might try the customer support agents.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type uCustomer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@lukepatrick 

If all settings on the phone is correct...this include the SMS & MMS settings are enabled and APN is set correctly. It could be a provisional issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent by submitting a ticket on SIMon Chatbot at the bottom of page or private message on the envelope icon above.

Their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST so they will get back to you in the morning so keep your eyes on the pm envelope icon.

lukepatrick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

an experienced tech and sales person checked out my ph and suggested that it is a public mobile problem.

I do have a new phone but sending a message did not work on the old ph either.

so what gives ?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lukepatrick 

Did you just port your number over to PM from another carrier?

Porting could be incomplete.

Also check to see if Cellular data is enabled. If not, just turn it on.

Need Help? Let's chat.