cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service on hold

zhengbe21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today, I went into my account. There was a note on the overview page. It said that my service was on hold. But I had never made a request to hold my service. Moreover, I was on automatic payment monthly. Could anyone tell me what was going on?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

zhengbe21

I logged in to my account this morning and noticed that everything got back to normal. 

After I made the payment, no extra charges. 

And do you see a new available funds number under the green number and is that more than your plan cost?

I haven't gone in to my account for a while during renewal (mine is happening now too). It seems to think I have no card registered. hmm. I got the old autopay reward today though. I guess we'll see what comes out in the wash tomorrow.

zhengbe21

It is a green number.

I did the screenshot, but I did not know how to attach it to this reply. 

I think the system has the added money in the account.

Green numbers mean added money. Black numbers mean spent money. What do you have? Screenshots would be helpful.

zhengbe21

On the payment history, it showed the available funds I have paid today.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zhengbe21 

If you did add money to your account, your payment would come out of the balance before your credit card. If you actually did a renewal then you may have paid already tonight. Check your credit card tomorrow to ensure you have not been double charged. If you been double charged contact an agent to have the funds credited to your account.

And if you click on the payment history link can you tell us the recent transactions? Or better yet a screenshot (without any personal info)?

zhengbe21

The balance is $0.

If you now see a balance in your account then it shouldn't charge you again.
But so you know, at midnight eastern, the account goes on hold. As long as your services are working then ignore all the warnings. Just wait until tomorrow say maximum noon eastern and it all be settled down. Unless your services stop working.

The general rule I suggest to newer customers is to not muck around in the account on renewal night. Sit there and watch the paint dry if you like but don't do anything.

Hollister

@zhengbe21 

zhengbe21

The renewal date is tomorrow. Because it requested to make a payment to resume the service, I made a payment. Now, I was wondering if I would be double charged.

Thanks

Hollister

@zhengbe21 

Is your renewal date today/tomorrow? If yes, just ignore the message if all your services are working ... this is normal messaging during renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.