cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset voicemail but can't access it now (asks for password, old password doesn't work)

BabakR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently reset my voicemail (via the self serve option at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/) and I called my own number to go through the process of setting it up again with the default message as you explain here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/setting-up-voice-mail-message/m-p/50919#M3...

but when I go to set it up, it asks me for a password, I enter my old password but it doesn't accept it. so I'm not sure what to do next?!?

Halp!

Thanks in advance 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

BabakR

yes that is what I already did, are you suggesting I do it again?

BabakR

no. I didn't restart the phone nor did I ever imagine such a drastic move would be necessary for a simple voicemail reset!

"options in the voicemail menu on the phone and check if there is an option to reset/change pin"

do you mean in my phone's native OS menu? no such option exists but I'll double check

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BabakR

Try your 10 digit phone number

If failed, login to your self serve account.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Reset Voicemail Password]

Your voicemail password will be changed to your 10 digit phone number.  You need to access voicemail to change your password.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BabakR, did you do a voice mail password reset?  That should prompt a number selection to start. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @BabakR,

Did you restart the phone after resetting the voicemail? 

Also try to navigate the options in the voicemail menu on the phone and check if there is an option to reset/change pin.  

I expected the system to prompt you to select a new PIN. You may have to try resetting voicemail one more time and also dont forget to restart the phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.