cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend reward

Francois91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi to whom this may concern,

I had a question regarding the friend reward program.

The friend I referred activated his account on February 4th and used my referral friend code, so one week after the reward programed changed (Jan 25th) 

That being said he is on the new reward program with points and I am on the old program with saving x amount of dollar per month.

We both haven't received any of our reward yet, 10 points credit for him I think and 1 dollar off per month for myself.   

I tried to submit a ticket with the bot Simon but I get an error 404 ''woops looks like we were too busy thinking about you'' whatever that means.

So I am wondering if anyone has a direct link to a moderator email or contact or something.

thanks in advance, Francois 

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Francois91 : There's no set rule but it's preferable to select a reply that was the answer to the subject line or primary question in the OP so as to keep the solution relevant to the question. So in this case it would seem to be the first reply. It's also important to look for the signs of a post having been edited. This could be an innocent typo fix or it could be changing the answer.

You could even choose to let it be and a moderator will clean it up in a week or so.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Francois91  - glad you and your friend stuck with it to get what you both were entitled to. 🙂

Just pick whichever post most helped you, and who could help others going forward who may search with the same question you had.

Francois91

@esjliv @darlicious I ended up resolving my issue with a bit of back and forth between my ticket and my friends ticket with the agents.

Anyways they were able to manually add my referral code to his account and it seem to work because I can now see 1$ off on my reward account for the refer a friend tab.

Francois91_0-1646511572943.png

As for the credit because technically I lost a month in rewards or the promotion of 5$*6months I asked so we will see what happens.

Anyways thank you for all the help, if I hit accept as solution on any of the replies does it help either of you?

thanks 

François

@Francois91 wrote:

I will ask what my friend asked exactly to the moderator, you are right maybe he asked the wrong question or phrased it wrong when asked.

I never received a text from public for the referral and my rewards saying I have 0$ from friends referral.

I got a text for my other monthly reward but for a friend referral it still said 0$.

@Francois91  - Public Mobile representatives used to be called Moderators here, now they are called Customer Support Agents (CSA). It sounds like your friend may have gotten a 'newbie' CSA perhaps, unless they misunderstood your friend's inquiry / request.

Your screen shot definitely shows you have no Refer-A-Friends listed (and yes, that is the area I was referring to 🙂).

Your $1 will show up first when this is applied correctly.

It is not likely the CSA will tell you what your friend asked (privacy and all), but you never know...

Ensure your friend has your code correct, zero '0' versus oh "O", or other characters that may get confused easily.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Francois91 

Yes it appears your friend's activation got hit by the glitch. Once added pm basically owes you a $1 reward for your most recent renewal unless it occurred before February 4th.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Francois91

@darlicious I will ask what my friend asked exactly to the moderator, you are right maybe he asked the wrong question or phrased it wrong when asked.

I never received a text from public for the referral and my rewards saying I have 0$ from friends referral.

I got a text for my other monthly reward but for a friend referral it still said 0$.

Thanks   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

You are correct.

@Francois91 

Oops! Oh well scratch that....sorry to get your hopes up.

For anyone else interested the "more is merrier" bonus referral credit of $5 was added to accounts today right on schedule.

Screenshot_20220304-190832~2.png

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Francois91

@esjliv @darlicious I just saw that promotion in my mail box, I got it on Feb. 18th as well just not sure if this imply it started on the 18th and ended on the 28th, anyways I can always ask after when I get an answer thanks 

@darlicious wrote:

Check your email to see if you recieved one from pm at the beginning of February offering a bonus $30 referral credit ($5×6 months) for the referrer until February 28th. If you recieved one of these emails then get your friends ticket reference # in case you don't start getting the $5 bonus credit in the first week of each month for the next 6 months.

I thought of that too @darlicious , but if @Francois91 received the February $30 bonus promo refer-a-friend email the same time I did, it was on February 18th (not the 4th) when their friend activated.

Unless, other members were receiving this email promo at staggered dates.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Francois91 

Well that got explained incorrectly to the CSA. First check your rewards account for the $1 referral reward with the last 4 digits of their phone number. That should have shown up immediately after activation. If you see that then tell your friend to check their transaction history in their self serve account for the $10 bonus referral credit.

If you both have nada then have your friend contact customer support again with your referral code and your phone number for the CSA to double check the correct referral code is being added to their account. Once it's added you will see the $1 reward pop up in your rewards account. They will see the $10 bonus referral credit within 72 hours but usually the next day.

There is a glitch that has been occurring that does not register the referral code despite it being added correctly during activation.

Check your email to see if you recieved one from pm at the beginning of February offering a bonus $30 referral credit ($5×6 months) for the referrer until February 28th. If you recieved one of these emails then get your friends ticket reference # in case you don't start getting the $5 bonus credit in the first week of each month for the next 6 months.

Francois91

@esjliv I just logged a ticket with a moderator so we will see what happens.

I will also ask him to reply to his ticket if I don't get anywhere with mine.

When I log in my rewards the refer a friend section is saying 0$. (not sure if this is what you meant)

Francois91_0-1646449297557.png

thanks for your help I appreciate it 

@Francois91 wrote:

@esjliv thank you for your quick reply and this contact, but apparently my referred friend tried to log a ticket and they told him our rewards would show up at the end of the month which they haven't and that I should log the ticket with the moderator not him.  

@Francois91  - refer-a-friend $10 should show up on your friends account within 72 hours of activating. Since it was not done during or soon after activation, a customer support agent should be able to apply it...and not apply it at the end of the month (I never hear that before). 

Ask him to respond to the ticket again. OR, open a new one  and repeat that his referral code is missing from his activation, and provide them your code.

Btw, do you see any numbers listed under your Refer-a-friend list under you My Rewards area?

It looks like this:

esjliv_1-1643479543437.png

Francois91

@esjliv thank you for your quick reply and this contact, but apparently my referred friend tried to log a ticket and they told him our rewards would show up at the end of the month which they haven't and that I should log the ticket with the moderator not him.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Francois91  you can contact customer support by direct private message here:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

But, for missing referral codes the person you referred is the one that will need to submit the ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.