cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recover account / reactivating sim

dominic0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent I'm trying to reactivate a sim that was previously activated but I can't access the email associated with the account, I just have the sim and the name of the account.

6 REPLIES 6

@dominic0 

Did you kept up with monthly payment for a year on the inactive account?

If not, you had up to the maximum of 90 days to resume payment. After 90 days, your account will be closed, SIM rendered useless and you lost your number.

You will need to start from scratch and purchase a new SIM and subscribe a new plan on the new PM app.

Oh, in that case, sorry to say the account/SIM is no longer usable @dominic0 

You'd have to obtain a new SIM or e-SIM and start afresh for service here.

dominic0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Account has been inactive for a year I think. Did not port the number anywhere, just kept the sim on standby and now can't log in. Any ideas? Thanks for the speedy responses!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dominic0 

How long has it been since there has been active service on the SIM card?

And, more importantly, did you port (move) the Public Mobile number to another provider in the interim?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Once SIM is deactivated (PM account closed) you cannot re-activate it. You would need new SIM.

If your account is suspended for less than 90 days, just pay the subscription and continue using existing SIM. If current sim is NOT working for whatever reason (but account is active) get a new SIM and do SIM swap through My Account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dominic0  do you mean resumes services to a account that was suspended due to non payment . If so you can get vouchers and 611 . But if title trying to activate previously activated SIM card you can’t a SIM card can only be activated once . 

adding the account you trying to log into can you hit forgot email and see if you get a code sent to any emails you have used previously 

Need Help? Let's chat.