cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reactivation

Alphatribe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

account won't reactivate. showing a 50 dollar balance but was charged $56.50 so for starters that doesn't make sense. caught in an endless loop that consists of the following. reactivate account, complete payment, download receipt, go to my account, reacivate account, and repeat...

do i need to "apply" the payment? do i have to wait days? I'm on my third day off because of suspended service and can't work till its resumed 

17 REPLIES 17

Alphatribe

thanks all. activation has happened. just needed patience. rough couple of days. i know how people end up falling through the cracks now. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So the account shows suspended but with a balance of more than your plan cost, right? Try the Lost/stolen function. Suspend, log out, log back, resume, restart phone. That will affect rewards on your next renewal if you're on rewards.

Alphatribe

likely. there are many layers here. i fell on the wrong side of new post pandemic id requirements, and have been denied access to my own bank accounts. its a weird feedback loop with no solution where no one of id can substatiate the other due to one or the other being expired or unnacetable (heath card)  i had no choice but i leave my bank of 20 years because they couldn't (wouldn't) verify my identity. no ammount of banking history was sufficient.I. have applied for new id card, and should have acceptable id and a bank in 4-6 weeks, until then spouse is paying all bills. maybe the unrecognized payment format is holding things up. 

int he meantime i can't report to work, have all my money on my person in the form of cash, and cannot restore my ability to pay any of my bills. the longer i wait the more protracted and entrenched the problem gets. im very close to unravelling here. i haven't slept or eaten in days 

Alphatribe

okay. i don't remember it ever taking this long. three days off work because of this. about to lose tomorrow now too. breathe...

Alphatribe

nope ;(

Hi @Alphatribe   please tell us how it turns out

Alphatribe

k. copied and pasted adress and was able to access the field in a new tab. ticket submitted 

@Alphatribe

just type Contact at "Ask me something" at the bottom

hTideGnow_0-1670524567010.png

of course, you can just message them here, easier but response could be longer:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alphatribe

i don't see a field to enter "contact" just automated preloaded responses to choose from

@Alphatribe wrote:

restarting did not help either. sort of out of ideas here. can it really take DAYS for service to resume?

@Alphatribe   open ticket now and hope they reply in 1 or 2 hours

there is another person with activation, credit card problem.  I am wondering if the payment system has problem 

Alphatribe

restarting did not help either. sort of out of ideas here. can it really take DAYS for service to resume?

HI @Alphatribe time to contact agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alphatribe

okay. i get the tax thing. I've now done the loop several time and show 7-8 new receipts generated and downloaded. still no service 

Alphatribe

is there an agent TO be contacted?

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if already charged, just wait couple hours then contact agent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Alphatribe   If you have a $50 plan,  you put in $50 and they charged you $56.60 is correct.  They will add tax on top of the amount

Try to login again using Private or Incognito mode.  Check Payment history to see if PM recorded the transaction  If it has it might show you whether it was just there in Available fund or already applied for reneal

If you see Available Fund has $50, then click Reactivate my plan and it should renew the plan

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Alphatribe 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode and try to reactivate button.

Then restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.