cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re. making a few long distance calls

bradC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm on the most basic $15/month plan, which does include international texting but not phoning.  I need to make a call to a company in Germany (or possibly a few calls to get ahold of the right person), probably amounting to no more than about 10 minutes on the phone in total.  It's not worth changing plans or anything just for these few calls, but I can't seem to see anything about rates I would be charged per minute for this, for calls to Germany.  Would anybody be able to direct me to that, please?  (I'm assuming the basic phone plan would still let me make those calls without having to change the plan, and it would simply tack a charge on to the next bill for it?)

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

bradC

Great, thanks very much for the additional clarification and details @geopublic and @Jb456 !

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bradC  You just need to purchase the 400 international calling add-on. The add-on will not expire and stays on your account until all used up.

So if you make calls to Germany for 10 minutes then you will have 390 minutes to make international calls in the future as required.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@bradC wrote:

Great, thanks @Jb456 for replying so quickly and giving me all the info I'd need!  Appreciate your help!

@bradC  you're welcome. If you do buy the add-on. Take not that particular add-on does not expire. So it will continue to rollover every 30 days until the minutes are used all up. It does also include Canada calls since you're on $15 plan after you use your 100 minutes up that add-on would kick in.

You could also look into the $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes. 

bradC

Great, thanks @Jb456 for replying so quickly and giving me all the info I'd need!  Appreciate your help!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You would need to buy a 400 international long-distance add-on.

Cost is $15.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below

Guide Click Me. 

There is no call per minute rates with Public Mobile.

Only add-on options.

Or look at alternate methods of calling. For example some corner stores sell long distance calling cards for a few dollars.

Public mobile does not offer any plans that would allow you to call Germany or any country for that matter other then calls to USA so don't change plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.