cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to verify your credit card information"

TKTK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just cannot figure out why my CC is not working.

When i was signing up with PM i couldn't pay with my Visa. I don't know why but they just couldn't verify my credit card information. I thought it was some sort of system glitch since so many ppl was signing up that day so i had to use my master card. 

After signing up i wanted to change my auto renewal to Visa so I tried to update my payment information to Visa but i got this "Unable to verify your credit card information" message again. So I tried to go back to master card and  now master card shows "Unable to verify your credit card information" message too.

I tried at least 20 times but keep giving me "Unable to verify your credit card information". (Both cards)

I called Visa and they couldn't  figure out why it wouldn't work. 

I even called Master Card but they couldn't figure out either.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem? 

Thank you 

13 REPLIES 13

Amanda_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello,

Thank you for your emails. We am sorry for the delay in responding to your request. We have been receiving a very high volume of inquiries and we are assisting all our clients in a timely manner. 

If you are still getting errors with your credit cards, please message us privately with your account information and credit card numbers so we can register it on our end. 

Thank you very much for you patience and understanding 

Yuehnny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same problem with Visa Desjardins. It's a problem of website.

In addition PM it's taking long time to answer the request.

My solution was to buy Top-Up Voucher in Jean Coutu, because the payment whit credit card was impossible. 

TKTK

it was just regular Visa card from TD. 

I believe it's not just me having this issue. PM should get on this matter ASAP!!

We all know PM have $2 off deal when you go on auto renewal but what's the whole point of it when you cannot even register your card??

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi i was told that PM policy is only 2 accounts can have the same CC if you are using those prepaid CC, no matter visa or mastercard you must register them in order to use it online( pre paid CC policy)

Yuehnny

Does somebody found a solution, i'm having the same problem from 11 AM today?

Zombie

Usually with credit card verifications they are based on the postal code.  When I signed up today, I put my postal code in, all caps, as H0H 0H0 with a space in between and had no issue.  By chance, did you omit a space or use lower case?  It's possible that PM doesn't "normalize" the postal code in a way that matches VISA when they connect to their merchant providers API.  Just a theory though.  Obviously make sure it's the same as whatever your credit card company has on file for you.

lharris
Had same problem but was still billed. Can't use my account and no response from moderators. Also no way to cancel the recurring billing as I signed up for auto pay. Not very happy with service. It's been over a week, multiple PM's still no response.

Quad4x4

@daredogg

No it is a mastercard I am using and I am not buying vouchers when they already billed me I either want my service connected or a refund 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TKTK wrote:

I just cannot figure out why my CC is not working.

When i was signing up with PM i couldn't pay with my Visa. I don't know why but they just couldn't verify my credit card information. I thought it was some sort of system glitch since so many ppl was signing up that day so i had to use my master card. 

After signing up i wanted to change my auto renewal to Visa so I tried to update my payment information to Visa but i got this "Unable to verify your credit card information" message again. So I tried to go back to master card and  now master card shows "Unable to verify your credit card information" message too.

I tried at least 20 times but keep giving me "Unable to verify your credit card information". (Both cards)

I called Visa and they couldn't  figure out why it wouldn't work. 

I even called Master Card but they couldn't figure out either.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem? 

Thank you 

Their payment system is broken.  It is that simple.  My visa card was accepted for my first two activations.  On the third, it failed.  I tried numerous times and got the same error message.  I called visa to make sure nothing was happening on their end to block the transaction.  They told me that the information coming from Public Mobile was not matching what they had on record, presumably the data entered was being altered by the PM payment system before being sent to visa.  In the end, I had to capitulate and pay with a mastercard. 

What is more disturbing than not being able to pay my third account with my visa card was how the PM payment system messed with my credit card information afterwards.  A few days later, I tried to do a credit card update and put the visa card on record.  That failed.  Then I tried again a few days later and it finally worked.  After a few days, I checked my account and the visa card was removed and my mastercard information showed up.  I will give it another try in a week and see if I can make the update stick this time.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@TKTK @diveman @Quad4x4

By any chance were the Visa cards, Visa debit cards? The debit versions tend not to work with PM. I seriously think they should remove that option.

@TKTK I'm thinking because you tried a different card, and then attempted to revert back to your MasterCard, that's why you're getting the "unable to verify" error.

Maybe try the payment voucher route? You can usually pick them up at gas stations.

diveman

Good thing the next payment is not due until February 2017!

Quad4x4

Good luck getting a reply. I had the same message with my Mastercard but they still billed it even though the system said unable to verify cc. I have been messaging and emailing them for over a week and have still had no response from anyone

diveman

I am having the same problem with my wife's account. Looking forward to getting a response. 

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.