Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, Talk is not included in your plan" when dialing a specific number

JGilb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I noticed something interesting today.

I wanted to call a company whose contact info was shown as "1-800-8-BATTERY".

When I called them, I received the "Hi Pulic Mobile here.  Sorry, talk is not included in your plan...".

I got that message when I first activated and was afraid something had gone wrong with my account.  But I made several other calls just fine.

However, I started thinking that 1-800-8-BATTERY translates to 1-800-822-88379 which is one digit longer than necessary.  I know many companies use this technique to make their marketing name work.  Most telecom's ignore any extra digits.  So, I tried dialing again, this time skipping the extra digit 1-800-822-8837 and it worked fine.  I tried the full number several times and always get the "Sorry, talk is not included" message.

Interesting right?

John

8 REPLIES 8

@Kamenrider FYI: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of timely help by creating your own topic on the forum, or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent  it might be worth sending this question to techies

Kamenrider
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Funny. Got this same public mobile automated message with 1866 RELIANCE the home heating company. 

Rockdaddy22
It probably works on most carriers

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thats really interesting. Weird how the marketing thing is a strategy to use a number that you can't call back. Seems counter-intuitive.

Rockdaddy22
Very interesting. I wonder if any other carriers experience this?

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for sharing the problem and the solution both :)-

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That is very interesting I tried it on my PM phone and got same message but could get through on my home line

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.