cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Service Plan Not Available" - Postal Code does not match....???

jdanham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started back in June with the $34/mo 50GB 5G - Unlimited talk/text USA and Canada and decided to wait before inviting another individual over to Public. I read earlier that the price for that plan had gone up to $39/mo (though I have not seen any changes on my bill yet), so I decided to go forward with this plan.

However something weird happened. After the other person got their iPhone installed with the Public Mobile app, they went ahead and tried to choose the plan but got a weird error message (see attached screenshots)Screen Shot 2024-08-23 at 9.21.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-23 at 9.18.53 AM.png

Anyway just wanted to see if this has happened to others and what if anything they were able to do to get the plan? Nowhere in the fine print or details is there any mention of province(s) that it applies or doesn't apply to.

To get things moving we chose the next (more expensive) 5G plan @ $45/mo.

I really would like to get the $39 plan but would like to know why it failed to work.

PS - there was no way to modify the `Ontario' province from the installation/activation wizard - but we never chose that in the beginning anyway. Very strange.

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jdanham 

I helped my friend who also wanted the $39 Canada/USA plan yesterday but this promo plan expired so he ended up with the $34 Canada/USA plan at 4G with 15gb of data.

He will continue to see an eye on future promo plans in his account.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

oh, BC.  BC does not have $39 plan

that's what BC has

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans?network=ALL

Only Canada-US plan BC has is the $45 one.

if your friend not in a rush to join, wait a week, I think PM will add more plans for BC

jdanham

Sorry if I wasn't clear in the initial post - this is for a new subscriber referred by me 🙂 

jdanham

I confirmed that the province was changed to BC as part of the app setup

jdanham

Both of us are in Vancouver (???)  Since the other plan was completed I will likely go back to Customer Service and try to get a case opened. Since the extra data doesn't really matter (most of our usage is on wi-fi anyway), I hope that we can get the $39 plan but we'll see...

@jdanham , if you are on the $34/50GB CAN-US plan, you can keep that plan as long as you like even if the plan is no longer offered.  Why would you want to pay more for the same plan.  As for the plans available to you, I believe it is based on your phone number/postal code.  These days, plans are targeted for existing customers.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jdanham 

what  address does your friend credit credit ties to?  

If your friend choose an Ontario plan, he has to enter a credit card with an Ontario address.

$39 plan is available for all province I think, so your friend should be able to get it

worst case, you can ask your friend to setup another PM account with another email and try again with the proper province chose first before activating

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

when you install the app and create login, I think there is a location there on top and you can switch the location as well as the language.  Once account is created, I think the location is set and cannot be changed

Need Help? Let's chat.