cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"I Don't Have A Long Distance Add-On"

LeviWJudd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Everything was working flawlessly for the past month, but recently every time I make a local call it says that " I Don't Have A Long Distance Add-On", even though I have a provincial-wide plan and the numbers I am calling are within the province?

The plan I currently have is "$15 for 100 Province-wide minutes" and I haven't even came close to using the100 minutes.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you so much!

8 REPLIES 8

@LeviWJudd 

Of course it does help if you actually check your outgoing minute counter. Did you not get a text message from pm telling you that you had 10 minutes remaining in your plan?

@LeviWJudd 

Well that's some speedy service to resolve your issue. The moderator will likely either reprovision your sim card or reset your account. This glitch has been creeping up more often lately it seems.  I've had this happen on occasion but its always fixed itself in a few minutes to up to 2 hours. I can frequently get success by calling a phone number I call all tbe time....like the bf. But ultimately if you cannot get it to clear up by trying tne suggestions mentioned or after waiting a little while or if it occurs frequently then contacting the moderators is a must.

@BKNS27 

Modedators responding to threads mean they are looking for something to do.....so as I said customer support can be excellent on holidays!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LeviWJudd 

Hey, you got at Moderator to reply directly on a thread.  I'd recommend taking that invite and rolling with it, or you can take the advice of others here to attempt fixes.   

Look at your "My Data and Add-ons" section on self-serve landing page to see if minutes are displayed - if not, they're all gone:

HALIMACS_0-1617561601598.png

(@esjliv  @Triguy   Sometimes the Moderator_team directly responds on a thread - you suppose it's accidental and they were intending to Private Message the OP -- thoughts? )

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LeviWJudd wrote:

Hello,

Everything was working flawlessly for the past month, but recently every time I make a local call it says that " I Don't Have A Long Distance Add-On", even though I have a provincial-wide plan and the numbers I am calling are within the province?

The plan I currently have is "$15 for 100 Province-wide minutes" and I haven't even came close to using the100 minutes.

@LeviWJudd   Just a reminder that all calls get rounded up to the nearest minute and retrieving voicemail messages will also use up your 100 mins (again rounded up), so available mins can get depleted before you realize it.

Log into your account and if the line for available mins is missing from the overview page (halfway down page), then you've depleted your plan's outgoing mins and need to purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins for use until renewal resets everything.  BTW add-ons only get used when needed and remaining mins/data will roll over until completely depleted.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there! 

Thank you for reaching us and bring this matter to our attention. 

In order to help you with this situation and review the details on your account you can create a ticket going through the ChatBot on https://bit.ly/2IdEl6c . One of our Moderators will be able to assist you with any inquiry in a private way.

Best Regards, PM Team.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LeviWJudd wrote:

Hello,

@LeviWJudd , 

If you confirmed you have outgoing minutes left on your Overview Self Serve account,

(NOTE - if the Minute line item is gone, you have used it all up).

try rebooting your phone or toggling into airplane mode, then back to regular mode.

If you let the message play, does the call still connect?

Article on how Province wide calling works - fyi:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/how-province-wide-talk-works

LeviWJudd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! I have already tried this but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Thanks though!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you dial 1 + area code + phone number.  Try rebooting your phone ?

Which plan do you have ?  Log into your account to check your usage history.  Under data and add-ons if no minutes appear then you have used up your allotment.  You can purchase an add-on 500 minutes for $5.

Need Help? Let's chat.