cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public mobile app v1.1.1 does now work for multiple accounts

richdis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i registered 3 accounts on android app, all are able to login, however, it only shows one same account profile no matter use which account to login, the shown account is the last registered one.
the android app version is 1.1.1.

amend: each account has different email and phone number.

8 REPLIES 8

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

I've had the same issue logging in online. I have to make sure I close all of the browser tabs/windows before logging into a different account. And make sure I log out of the self serve account page and the rewards page if I've accessed both in the current session.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@richdis 

You need to login to the 3 different accounts on 3 different phones on the app. Each login to it registered email/number.

I have 2 accounts and 2 different phones…mine and my spouse’s.

That isn't the issue here. The customer is logging in to the other account but the app is still showing the information from the previously logged in account.

@richdis wrote:

i registered 3 accounts on android app, all are able to login, however, it only shows one same account profile no matter use which account to login, the shown account is the last registered one.
the android app version is 1.1.1.

amend: each account has different email and phone number.

I reported this bug to Public Mobile a few days ago. The app will also show the previously logged in information even after logging out and logging in with a different one.  @J_PM , this is serious security concern. There are people who may use brorrowed devices from public libraries or even of those belonging to acquaintances.  Logging out means logged out, and there isn't any way someone else should be able to log in using a different account but see the other person's infromation.

@richdis  The only way that I know around this issue is to force stop the app.  After you do that, the proper account information will be shown after loggin into the desired account.

richdis

thanks for the work around.
this should be a basic feature needed on the mobile app, looking forward to a fix soon.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@richdis if you use browser to login , use Incognito mode every time so the cache won't confuse with your different accounts 

DanWG

Hi there, I have the same problem. This should work as a work around.

Sign out, close app and "swipe out of recent apps" screen. Now go to the app icon, hold finger on it to get the context menu, select "i" for app properties, scroll down to "storage", select and then touch "clear data". Then you should be able to access your other accounts, works for me, however to access your other accounts, you have to clear data every time

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@richdis  Each account needs its own email for log in .. can’t merge 3 accounts together 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@richdis 

You need to login to the 3 different accounts on 3 different phones on the app. Each login to it registered email/number.

I have 2 accounts and 2 different phones…mine and my spouse’s.

Need Help? Let's chat.