cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prices

samcat-dog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is it that my wife just been offered 60 gb data for $34.00 and I am paying $50.00 for 40 gb? We both joined at the same time in Novembre 2019. Should'nt I get the same deal?

8 REPLIES 8

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samcat-dog  

Update: My wife just came back from home and showed me a promo text she received from PM also for $34 5G 60GB. We are in BC and this 60GB promo offer is not ordinately available in BC. She is currently on the $19 4G 1 GB plan. I am also on the same same plan as her but I never get any promo texts from PM.

Both my wife and I are hoping to switch to one of the the $21 3GB, $22 6GB or $23 10GB (Quebec only) plans.

@samcat-dog   As @funpig1 mentioned, in Quebec you have two choices of plan in that range that you can switch to simply by logging in to your account and selecting to change subscription to whichever of the two you want (Canada-US 50GB or Canada only unlimited 50GB plus a 10GB bonus) but when you change to one you will be given two choices, change on renewal or change now.  Make sure to select change on renewal because change now will cause an immediate plan change and charge with no refund for the unused portion of your current plan.  It's best to do this now though in case the plan is not still available by your renewal date.  Selecting change on renewal now will lock in the change until then.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samcat-dog 

Are you in Quebec?

If so, check out your subscriptions in the PM app.  There may be a $34 5G 50+10 GB plan available to you. If so, you can then switch to this plan on renewal. Good luck.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To @TheSterlinger's point, I have seen a few posts where customers were sent offers to switch to different plans so it's possible that you will receive an offer but it might not be for the same plan. And like @computergeek541 said, maybe your wife was offered the 50 GB plan for $34 as there are 2 flavours of them, one includes Canada/US roaming (you can use your phone in the US as if you were in Canada with no additional fees) or you can get the one that has unlimited data, however the data is throttled to slower speeds after 50 GB has been used up

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@samcat-dog I think that PM will only try to upsell you.  You're already paying $50 so you'll only probably get an offer of a $55 or $60 deal.  I'm on a $29/10gb deal and was texted an offer of $34/60gb.  My wife is on a $25/5gb and was texted $29/40gb.

Stabigail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Deals are often different between new and existing customers; however, if you are not on any sort of contract you can log into and look at all the current options for existing customers. I think there is currently a 50GB plan for that price.

Note: If you change your subscription, it may affect your billing date. If this matters to you, you may want to make any account changes on your preferred billing date.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@samcat-dog  where, how and when was she offered this? Perhaps you will receive your own offer soon.

Ahh, new offers being texted out. 

It's based on your/ her current plan.

@samcat-dog wrote:

Why is it that my wife just been offered 60 gb data for $34.00 and I am paying $50.00 for 40 gb? We both joined at the same time in Novembre 2019. Should'nt I get the same deal?

I"m unaware of any 60GB for $34 plan for exisng customers, but any current customer can get a 50GB plan for $34.

Need Help? Let's chat.