Did you mean: 

porting

comac72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

need my 2 phone numbers ported to virgin plus and i did reply yes to the text

8 REPLIES 8

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would make sense if someone has port in two numbers FROM virgin to PM and ask here about status.

When you replied the text with a YES then only thing you can check here is the self serve account being closed. If it is then your account is cancelled and PM part is done and now ask virgin about the port-in status. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@comac72 wrote:

@comac72  - you are asking the wrong company.

The provider you want to have services with takes care of the porting/transfer details and all the processes.

Are the Public Mobile accounts Active? They need to be active in order for Virgin to be able to successfully take over the numbers.

If the Public Mobile accounts are not active, you will need to make a payment to reactive/resume services (change plans to the lowest cost ones of $15 first) then add funds, then reactive.

Then start the porting process with Virgin, and it should go successfully.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @comac72   You should be ok after you reply YES to PM's test.

Just put your Virgin SIMs in the phone.  If it not work, reboot the phone after a short while.  usually the porting will e done within 2 or 3 hours

Adn try to login to My Account, if you are not able to login anymore, the account is closed and the porting was completed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@comac72 

Did you power off the phone before switching the SIM?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@comac72 wrote:

As per your note, you did everything as required. Porting should not take too much time but it is not instantaneous.

Even though it should be automatic, consider long weekend as potential cause for delay. Come back in the afternoon and let us know please how it goes.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@comac72 

#wts...lol...

Seriously though it sounds like you have done everything required for your port(s) to complete. If your virgin sim cards dont start recieving incoming calling once 2 hours have passed you will have to contact virgin customer support as they are responsible for all porting issues for their new customers.

For pm customers.....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@comac72  If you received a text to authorize the port and replied. It sounds like it's in the porting process. As with porting into PM it is likely the same porting to Virgin. Some features will start to work on Virgin while some will work on PM until the porting process is completed.

Enjoy your new service with Virgin.

Need Help? Let's chat.