cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting over phone number from freedom and can I use my own referral code?

Lpham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I have been reading up on the articles but wanted to confirm the best way to port over my existing phone number (currently with Freedom Mobile) is to do it at point of activation - instead of doing it after and choosing new number option first?  I've read some articles that say they've ran into issues choosing the port option at activation.

Also, I just activated a new phone number for my daughter.  Am I able to use my (her) referral code when I activate my sim card?  Is it possible to have the 2 phone numbers under my 1 account?  This is her first phone so I haven't had to deal with more than one number under my account.

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

@Lpham  

By using your daughters referral code she will get the $1 monthly referral reward and you will get the $10 bonus credit in your account. I ported one of my two lines from freedom to public mobile upon activation and it was a smooth process with the number fully functional within 5 minutes. I aas unable to find my account number within my online account. I did have to call customer service and ask for it with usual barrage of questions as to why i needed it. That aside the transition was easy. Welcome to public mobile!

Lpham

Thank you for quick reply!

@Lpham wrote:

Thank you so much for quick reply!

That makes sense regarding different emails...

When you say I can use payment option that means using same auto pay credit card I have set up? 

The same credit card can be used for both accounts.

Lpham

Thank you so much for quick reply!

That makes sense regarding different emails...

When you say I can use payment option that means using same auto pay credit card I have set up? 

@Lpham wrote:

Hello!

I have been reading up on the articles but wanted to confirm the best way to port over my existing phone number (currently with Freedom Mobile) is to do it at point of activation - instead of doing it after and choosing new number option first?  I've read some articles that say they've ran into issues choosing the port option at activation.

Also, I just activated a new phone number for my daughter.  Am I able to use my (her) referral code when I activate my sim card?  Is it possible to have the 2 phone numbers under my 1 account?  This is her first phone so I haven't had to deal with more than one number under my account.

Thank you in advance!

Currently, the official advice being given by Public Mobile is to perform the porting during the activation steps, if that's at all possible in your case. This way, you won't have to ask a moderator to do it for you.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham 

• yes just do it at activation
  • yes you can use her referral
  • no, you need different email for each account or you could use an alias

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham 

Yes you can use your referral code forsure.

2. no you need seperate emails for each account but you can use the same payment option. And even change the name on the account to your own. 

If you are worried about the porting then contact a moderator they can walk you through it. Activate the account under a public mobile number then contact them here and say port number :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Welcome to the community glad to have you would love to see you contribute in the future. Great questions asked!

Need Help? Let's chat.