Did you mean: 

porting out my number

tiptop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I begin, I want to use my number with another carrier

3 REPLIES 3

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You would have to start the process with another provider and they would initiate the process. You can read more about this here.

Transferring your number to another provider 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tiptop 

To port out, you start the process from your new provider

But first, make sure your PM account is currently active and you can receive text without problem.  Login to My Account and get the account number from Profile page https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

While you are at My account, you might want to also disable Pre-Authorized payment just in case.  

Go to Payment page, click Manage Subscription, then turn "Subscribed" to off

Now activate your new line with your new provider and request to port a number. Provide them PM's account number as the porting information

this is critical:  Then still have your PM sim card in the phone, wait for PM to send you a text to confirm your porting request.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins

After you replied yes, you can put your new sim card in the phone and wait until you get incoming calls.  Once you are getting incoming calls, porting is completed.  Your PM account will also be closed at this stage (you will no longer be able to login to PM My Account after)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tiptop 

You keep your Public Mobile account active, set up the account with new provider, request a port from Public Mobile, which they will do when you give them your Public Mobile account number and particulars, wait for the text from Public Mobile with your PM Sim card in device, reply YES to it, then put your new provider Sim card in and you’re good to go!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.