cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting of my number didn’t work?

Carlos77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i try to set an other number for my daughter, i tried to port the number from fido more than a week ago and i called fido to see what happened, they told me that the number stiil is active with them.  i want to do the porting again, but unfortunately there’s no option to do it. 

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Carlos77 

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Fido's SIM card needed to be in the phone to approve the port over to Public Mobile to receive and approve this text within a 90 minute time period.

It sounds like you may have missed this step. Do you still have the Fido SIM card?

If so, insert it, and either:

1. submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile,
  2. or call that number @softech provided.

Either methods will help initiate the porting request.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Since it has been over a week, you may not have the Fido SIM card any longer. So around the same time you request the port again with Public mobile with either methods above, perhaps you can give Fido a verbal ok to port over, if you give them a call to do this.

Or, don't be surprised, if they say you need to purchase a new Fido SIM card to switch your Fido account to, then you can receive the Public Mobile Text...but hopefully verbal approval will work. 🤞

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carlos77   did you already submit the request to port?  If so, there is a number to call to talk to live support, you can ask them the porting status and see if anything missed. I will message you the phone number, please check your Community inbox on the top right, envelop icon.

@Carlos77 wrote:

i try to set an other number for my daughter, i tried to port the number from fido more than a week ago and i called fido to see what happened, they told me that the number stiil is active with them.  i want to do the porting again, but unfortunately there’s no option to do it. 

To try again, you'll need to open a ticket to talk to a customer support agent.  That's done through:  Chat with Public Mobile (tiia.ai)

Need Help? Let's chat.