cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting issue

CM2022
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello

I have received an email from my previous company that my number was cancelled. my new sim card still says unregistered. has anyone else had issues with porting their existing number over ? says can take up to 2 hours but its taken way longer.

8 REPLIES 8

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CM2022   did you receive a SMS  message from your old provider asking you for your approval for the porting?  did you reply YES within 90 minutes?

Was the service on the old provider active before you request porting into PM?

@CM2022 wrote:

hello

i have tried all of the listed item above and now it is saying emergency calls only. I have tried to call myself as well and it is saying that the number is not in service.

@CM2022  - you can only transfer an ACTIVE account into Public Mobile (perhaps exceptions can be made if the previous provider was Koodo or Telus).

Was your previous account cancelled before you attempted to port it over to PM?

Check your Self Serve account and see what phone number is listed under the "Plan and Addons" TAB.

Is it your number you ported, or another one (which may have been assigned to your account.

Contact customer support (CSA) and see what they say about the port. 

Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

I feel if your previous account is cancelled before the port completed that old number may not be available any longer unless you activate again with old provider and see if they can get it?

CM2022

hello

i have tried all of the listed item above and now it is saying emergency calls only. I have tried to call myself as well and it is saying that the number is not in service.

CM2022

hello

i cant not call myself it says that my number is not in service

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CM2022   if your account on the old provider is cancelled,  your porting has been completed.  You can call yourself and you see see the calls going to PM voicemail and not the old one.

there has been many problem with setting up the SIM card, but if you have opened the ticket, it should work very soon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CM2022 wrote:

hello

I have received an email from my previous company that my number was cancelled. my new sim card still says unregistered. has anyone else had issues with porting their existing number over ? says can take up to 2 hours but its taken way longer.

@CM2022   - okay, so your previous provider's account was cancelled? Did you call to cancel it?

When the port is successful it should cancel your previous provider's account; so this sounds like a good sign if this is the case.

Now you are just having Public Mobile connection/network issues.

Some things to try and checkout:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

CM2022

Hello

no i have no other phones i can try it on the only other phone i have access too is locked to another provider. I have opened a ticket.

Thanks

Claire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CM2022 , you have another phone to test with your PM SIM?  can you put your PM SIM in another phone and see if you got the same message?

But it could be just a SIM provisioning issue.  No worry, it is an easy fix for PM, just open a ticket with PM and they can solve it quickly.  To open ticket with PM

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.