cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan charges

bipolar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I signed up last night to public mobile to avail the black friday promo of $35,  20 gb for 15 months

promo code in 20OFFMONTHLY, but I was charged $62.15. I did not get the promo

17 REPLIES 17

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The 20OFFMONTHLY promo code still works if I try to enter it under schedule a plan change for the $55 20GB plan. Hopefully it's still there in about 2.5 weeks (day before renewal) to make an immediate plan change. I'll try and be double negative (positive) that it will!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Coverhiro 

I guess immediate plan change was the only way to receive the credit. scheduled plan changes will not receive the promo. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coverhiro 

Great screenshot! That's all the evidence you need to eventually get the $20 credit applied. Not having it is worrisome and having the screenshot of the promocode having been successfully applied when the plan change was scheduled is vital.

Coverhiro

@darlicious 

Thank you for your feedback on that. You probably have much more experience than myself. That is why my recommendation was to reach out to customer support as quickly as possible even if they can't resolve the issue immediately. From my experience it takes a while of back and forth, verification and so on before work starts to get done. If the credit happens by itself, no harm done, but like you said if it doesn't happen when a significant amount of time passes it's much more difficult to rectify the situation or even apply the deal if it's not available anymore.

Thank you so much for your input.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Coverhiro  Great reply, good for you. Too bad the other party edited out their whole post , for some reason.  Hum....

I definitely appreciate you sharing your real experience in getting that promo.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coverhiro 

It does seem that the only way to get the credit automatically applied is to choose an immediate plan change. Scheduling a change plan on next renewal likely won't trigger the credit which means you will have a fight on your hands. While I am confident I could get it applied if I so desired many customers will not have the wherewithal to follow thru with customer support....and beyond.

Coverhiro

@bipolar 

I guess it would also be interesting to know if your plan indicates whether or not you received the promotional rate.

Under my plan it shows. this.

Capture_promo.PNG

The other account which didn't get the credit just showed that it was a $55 plan without the promotion and Promo cycle: 1/15.

Coverhiro

@Outdoorsman I'm not questioning that it didn't happen to you. I'm just asking if it did. I don't want to tell other people incorrect information. 

We have two accounts in our household. One account received the credit immediately and the other did not. When I contacted the @CS_Agent about it, they told me that when I set it to renew on the next date that I would not receive the promotion for it.

If other people are receiving the credit a little while later, it would be helpful for everybody on the community to know so that our anxiety can be put at ease.

Thank you for providing your experience. It's really helpful for everybody.

@hairbag1 too thank you.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

No buddy said anything about right or wrong. Just curious if that was your experience, if you got that promo.  Chill.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bipolar 

The wording is poor in this promotion but the following line...

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

Since there is no extra data to be added  this refers to the $20 credit. If you do not see it applied by the end of business day on Friday contact customer support to have it applied.

d

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Clipped from terms of the plan...

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Coverhiro That reply probably wasn't from personal experience, but just a standard reply.  lol

Coverhiro

@Outdoorsman   I would be curious too since the $55 dollar plan for 20GB doesn't really exist. However when I chatted to the @CS_Agent  it didn't seem like there would be a credit that would have showed up without their intervention.

Either way it might be a good idea to get a paper trail going with the agent rather than just waiting to see what happens.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Is that what happened to you? Just curious 🤨

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@bipolar hi you will see the 20 dollars show up as a credit in your account within a few days you can leave it there as a credit towards next cycle payment

Coverhiro

Hello @bipolar Did you change your plan immediately?

I chatted with a @CS_Agent and they informed me that I needed to make the change immediately or else the promotion wouldn't have applied.

If it's possible, I suggest you reach out to a Public Mobile agent and explain your situation and they will probably be able to help you out.

In my case they assisted me, but it did take some time.

here is a step by step on how to contact them or click the @CS_Agent 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.