cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone usage

nancyma8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text Sept 10 indicating that I have 10 minutes left on my 100 minute plan (period Aug28-Sep27). My outgoing calls to date total about 3 minutes for that period as I rarely dial out. How do I resolve this?

10 REPLIES 10

@nancyma8 wrote:

Today it shows 94 minutes used and 4 remaining

You meant this is what shown on the Overview Tab?

How about the Usage history you added up?

Keep in mind, if you try to add up the usage history, always round up the minutes.  A call that is 1:01 should be counted as 2 minutes

also ,  checking voicemail form your cell also count towards the 100 minutes

And .. did you check Plan Details?  does unlimited incoming calls included?  if not, you will have to add the incoming calls as well.  Old 100 min plan might not include incoming calls

@nancyma8 wrote:

Are you looking at the line under My Data & Add-Ons in self service?

You should see something like this. This is the correct counter to look at in self service.

096FD893-55A8-4E81-8D65-FCB57B0D847E.jpeg

nancyma8

nancyma8

I added it up from the duration time for outgoing calls Aug 28 to present

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nancyma8 wrote:

I received a text Sept 10 indicating that I have 10 minutes left on my 100 minute plan (period Aug28-Sep27). My outgoing calls to date total about 3 minutes for that period as I rarely dial out. How do I resolve this?

@nancyma8 

Where are you seeing the 3 minutes used?

Remember, checking your voicemail on your Public Mobile device also uses minutes from your plan. You can avoid this by calling your phone from another cell/landline and using your PIN to access your voicemail.

If you see your Calling Minutes balance listed on your Self Serve is more than 10 minutes remaining, than ignore that message you received.

If the counter is showing accurately, and you have calling addons, they will kick in when your plan minutes run out.

The Canada-Wide addon is only $5 for 500 minutes and only kicks in when your Plan Minutes run out in a cycle. It is a great back up to have, if you don't already have it.

Most accurate usage is provided looking at your status when logging into your PM account.

If you are very confident you did not use outgoing minutes/data for billing period BUT PM shows differently, then this could be a reason to contact Moderators to resolve this issue.

Messages sent by PM might not be accurate.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nancyma8 

I would suggest you log into your Self Serve account to check the real-time outgoing talk usage.

Look under Account Status:Active>View My Usage and go to drop down from 7 days and change to 30 days.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@nancyma8   did you check My Account's Usage History?  filter by the period of your current cycle and sort the the traffic type and see if what you see matches

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nancyma8 Are you on the old 100 minutes $15 plan? The one without unlimited incoming calls? If so, you can upgrade your plan to the newer version which includes unlimited incoming calls.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nancyma8 

What does your talk/minutes counter show in your self service account?  Sometimes there is an error in those warning texts.  

PM does round up to the nearest minute.  Checking voice mail messages and call forwarding also uses up minutes.  You can also check the call history in your self service account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.