cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number changed without my consent

housedoc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone number changed without my consent. people calling get not in service. How do I my phone number changed back. How do I get an agent through chat?

12 REPLIES 12

housedoc

Not the case. Went through all that when I ported the number. It is a legit number. Crossed all the dots and "i" s. Jumped through all the hoops. 

housedoc

"My number shows as" alternate number. 

housedoc

Yes but "my number" is the one I want back. I shouldn't have a number forced on me. I am a Realtor. All my clients have "my number". They will think I left the business if my number is bouncing. 

@housedoc wrote:

It was my home number, ported in when I opened the account last july or august. It was working fine until yesterday.

Is "home number" a land line phone number? Can you make a call using new number that PM give and can you receive a call from new number?

housedoc

Did all that. Did not just join. Number was ported withing the regulated time and rules. Running fine until yesterday.

housedoc

It was my home number, ported in when I opened the account last july or august. It was working fine until yesterday.

@housedoc   when did you join? and you always receive incoming calls on that number on your PM sim card?

You said people calling and not in service, when you call others, does yous number showing on the other's call display?

if you login to My Account, do you see your correct number on the Profile page?

If your number really "gone", open a ticket with PM support via Chatbot and have support to investigate:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

housedoc

Number was already in use for may months.. This just started happening yesterday.

housedoc

Did not just join. My ported number has been in use since opened the public mobile account. This started happening yesterday. My ported number is in the alternative number now instead of real number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@housedoc   let me guess, you just joined PM and requested porting? and you joined around 30 days ago?

if that is the case, the porting was NOT completed and PM has no choice but to assign you a number

Porting requires you to reply a text from your old provider within 90 mins you received that, and you likley missed the deadline

you can go into My Account and re-request porting, but only after you confirm your old account on the old provider still active

Once you requested porting again, put your old sim back, wait for the text from  your old provider and you need to reply YES within 90 mins

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@housedoc Please contact CS_Agent right away and report the issue.  

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

@housedoc wrote:

My phone number changed without my consent. people calling get not in service. How do I my phone number changed back. How do I get an agent through chat?

A customer support agent is reach by opening a ticket through the chatbot. This can be acheived by asking the chatbot for that.  As for your number changing, if you requested a phone number to be ported in but that request failed, Public Mobile would have had no choice but to asign a new phone number. Did you request a number to be ported in?

Need Help? Let's chat.