cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number and voice mail no longer work. all paid up. didn't use up minutes.

DZIGA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

phone number and voice mail no longer work. all paid up. didn't use up minutes.

7 REPLIES 7

DZIGA

Thanks I'll look into it.

@DZIGA wrote:

Yes it says active.  I can get text messages only. no calls in no calls out no voice mail. Tried restarting phone, reset network settings. Maybe I need a new sim card?

@DZIGA 

You can swap your sim card yourself, but you may not need a new one.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if that helps.

Before swapping your sim card, if nothing else is working, submit a ticket to CSA to check your account. Maybe they can reset something for you.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

DZIGA

Is there a url describing how one keeps ones plan as is, number as is, (but it works!) and buys a new sim and new phone? Does PUBLIC let you do that? thanks for your time

DZIGA

Yes it says active.  I can get text messages only. no calls in no calls out no voice mail. Tried restarting phone, reset network settings. Maybe I need a new sim card?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Does your account status say active @DZIGA ? OR, when you dial 611.

If not, than make a payment, or hit the reactivate button in your self serve account.

Does incoming calls, and texting in/out work okay?

If you show plan minutes left on your account and your account is active, try restarting your phone, or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

You could also try the SIM into another phone to see if calling works, then move the SIM back to your phone.

DZIGA

No. It is all paid up. Hardly use the phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DZIGA hi are you on the 100 min outgoing plan ? go in your self serve to check minutes, even checking voicemail uses your minutes 

Need Help? Let's chat.