cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone compatibility list?

jadedetrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I remember seeing a long list of phones that are compatible with public mobile.  Where can I find this list please?

But, also, reading some of the other q &a's on here I am reading that ANY phone from North America will work with PM...    I have a flip phone: an alcatel flash 3 phone.  I was told a while back by an admin here that it is a phone that is NOT compatible with PM.  There are a couple things that do glitch out on this phone - I can't tell if it is the phone or that, yes, it is that it isn't compatible with PM.     I would like a new phone probably, so would like to see the compatibility list... as I may opt for a basic flip phone or basic phone of some kind.

(I have tried this alcatel flash 3 phone a bit with PM, but mostly I have been using a smart phone and having no problems; I am just wanting to try using a phone that isn't as addictive and hence, going for a flip or "dumb" phone.   Thanks,  I am in Canada, if that makes  a difference.

Jade

9 REPLIES 9

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Indeed,  frequency checking is good @jadedetrey , however not all users can accurately decipher posted frequency and bands of various devices,  models,  release locations.  (i.e.  North America versus Europe versus Asia, etc)

[ let alone determine whether a used device is locked to a carrier or blacklisted...]

Therefore, the definitive test will always be to insert your SIM card into the device, power it up, and see if you can make and receive both calls and SMS, and use data.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

List of compatible phone will always be outdated as new phones appear almost on monthly basis so there is no way for any company to keep track of it.

As long as phone supports PM's frequencies it should work with PM. Major brand for sure; obscure AliBaba brands - maybe.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jadedetrey  - for extra assurance you can check online compatibility frequency checkers, here are a couple to use:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jadedetrey 

The best test, bar none, to see if a device is compatible with public mobile is to put your Public Mobile SIM card in it, power it up, and see if you have full services.

@jadedetrey 

As mentioned above, that phone will be compatible with PM:

Here are the specs on your phone:

https://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_go_flip_3-10500.php

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900
4G bands2, 4, 5, 12, 25, 26, 41, 66, 71

It does have the necessary specs to be used with Public mobile.  

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). 
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   

3G = 850 (5), 1900 (2)

4G = 850 (5), 1900 (2), 700 (12/13/17/29), 1700/2100 (4), 2600 (7), 1700/2100 (66)

@jadedetrey wrote:

NOTE!!  correction: I have an alcatel Go flip 3 phone  model # 40520.   That is the phone and model I am enquiring about. (not the alcatel flash 3 phone I quoted above) 

I did find the compatibility list for PM phones... but this phone was not on it. so maybe my question is answered...

A phone doesn't have to be in Pubilc Mobile's list to be compatible.  As I was saying earlier, any such list will never be complete. The phone neeeds to be compatible with the network, but no database/list could contain every phone model ever made.  But yes, your phone is compatible.

jadedetrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

NOTE!!  correction: I have an alcatel Go flip 3 phone  model # 40520.   That is the phone and model I am enquiring about. (not the alcatel flash 3 phone I quoted above) 

I did find the compatibility list for PM phones... but this phone was not on it. so maybe my question is answered...

@jadedetrey wrote:

Hello,

I remember seeing a long list of phones that are compatible with public mobile.  Where can I find this list please?

But, also, reading some of the other q &a's on here I am reading that ANY phone from North America will work with PM...    I have a flip phone: an alcatel flash 3 phone.  I was told a while back by an admin here that it is a phone that is NOT compatible with PM.  There are a couple things that do glitch out on this phone - I can't tell if it is the phone or that, yes, it is that it isn't compatible with PM.     I would like a new phone probably, so would like to see the compatibility list... as I may opt for a basic flip phone or basic phone of some kind.

(I have tried this alcatel flash 3 phone a bit with PM, but mostly I have been using a smart phone and having no problems; I am just wanting to try using a phone that isn't as addictive and hence, going for a flip or "dumb" phone.   Thanks,  I am in Canada, if that makes  a difference.

Public Mobile does have a compatibility checking link on the homepage.  However, no list is ever going to be complete. If the phone has a SIM card slot and is compatible with UMTS 850MHz and UMTS 1900MHz and is eiher unlocked or locked to Telus, then it's compatible.

Need Help? Let's chat.