cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment processing issue

Sonja5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have pre-authorized payments, but my account was suspended because "we tried to process your Autopay renewal but something went wrong".  I called my bank, and my card is still working.  I tried switching my card, but it won't process any payment, or even allow me to update the method of payment.  It said to try again later, which I did (a couple hours), but the problem remained the same.  Has anyone else had this problem/is it just a glitch in the website today?

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

lol @hTideGnow 

hi @Sonja5 you need to wait an hour first before trying again. Two failed attempts will lock the account for an hour

After the hour, try again using Incgonito/Private/Secret mode

@Sonja5 

Did you try opening up a tab in incognito mode, like @HALIMACS suggested.

*Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.

*Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

Edit, if you had too many failed attempts on your card in a row, this may lock up your account with Public. So wait an hour before you try in incognito mode, OR, submit a ticket to CSA by either methods provided in above link to get their help.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Autopay sometimes fails due to unknown reasons.

Your options are to Not remove your CC from a file and do manual payment. Then 'resume service' or similar button should appear or become active.

To test 'manual' payment do transaction of $1 first then add the rest.

Another option is to buy voucher and pay either through website or calling 611.

Try to access website through computer with browser in incognito/private mode.

Sonja5

It won't process a manual payment -- even when I try with a different card.  It comes up with "oops.  Something went wrong.  Please try again later."  😕

@Sonja5 

Try clearing cache and cookies and using a incognito or private tab.

Then try utilizing a desktop or laptop device to update the credit card information and make payment.

Worst case, get a Public Mobile payment voucher from one of the locations below and apply it to the account by calling 611

HALIMACS_0-1675557470634.png

Hi @Sonja5 sorry, it is not your card but PM system, autopay fails sometimes

To resume service, all you need to do is to login My account and manually make a payment.  You can also make payment using *611 on your phone if you know your 4 digit pins 

Sonja5

My services aren't working, and my card isn't expired/is still working for other things. 
Thanks!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sonja5  - are your services working? If so, maybe you received this message in error, so likely you can ignore it.

If you have no services it is possible that your Autopay failed. Make a manual payment and reactivate your account. Check your expiry date on your card just in case.

If this is an Autopay failure and you have no service due to it, I'd let CSA know.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Sonja5

***I haven't had any issues for the last 3 months, and it has always renewed fine before now.

Need Help? Let's chat.