cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old SIM card and subscribing to public mobile

JJ95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since I can't get through to contact and agent with my issue, I hope someone can help here. I want to subscribe to plan and transfer my number from a different network provider but can't get through. The system tells me that my SIM card is invalid. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

@JJ95  I purchased the SIM card from a different carrier.

Sim cards are specific to carrier, you need to get a Public Mobile physical sim, or esim if your phone is capable.

Oscarkiai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here are a few steps you can take to resolve this:

1. Check Compatibility: Firstly, ensure that your current SIM card is compatible with Public Mobile. Sometimes, SIM cards from certain providers may not work with all networks.

2. Verify Activation Status: Make sure that your SIM card is activated and properly registered with your current provider. If it's not activated or if there are any pending issues, this could prevent it from being transferred to a new network.

3. Contact Chatbot Support: Try using online chatbot support for personalized support

4. Consider a New SIM Card: If your current SIM card continues to be problematic, you might want to consider getting a new SIM card from Public Mobile. This could potentially resolve the issue and allow you to complete the number transfer smoothly.

JJ95

I purchased the SIM card from a different carrier.

JJ95

I am referring to SIM card issued by a different carrier brand. Since the whole process is about porting a number issued by a different carrier, the system doesn't specify whether is a Public mobile SIM card or from a different carrier.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JJ95 

If you are reusing an old activated SIM card…you can’t but if it is a new SIM…double check to see if the number was put in correctly.

Keep your old SIM in your phone and wait for a text from them to confirm with YES that you are porting over to PM.

Where did you purchase the SIM?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JJ95 , when you refer to old SIM card, do you mean a Public Mobile SIM card that has been used previously or are you referring to SIM card issued by a different carrier brand?  In neither case can you use that SIM card to activate a new account.  You must use a brand new Public Mobile SIM card to complete the new account activation.  

Need Help? Let's chat.