cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number didn't port from old carrier: no voice/sms service

Jettmcqueen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Although I received a confirmation text from Public Mobile, I didn't receive a confirmation text from my old provider during the porting process.  I have 2 cellular lines, but only the old carrier is providing service, not Public Mobile's line.  I need to re-initiate the porting process & have sent "CS Agent" a message through this site, with no response.

Appreciate if someone can help with this, i.e. submit a request (as I've seen with previous posts).

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

If you didn't receive a message from your original provider it is not completed. You have to do it again. Put back the old sim in the phone and wait for the text. Also that account must be active still.

@Jettmcqueen wrote:

Although I received a confirmation text from Public Mobile, I didn't receive a confirmation text from my old provider during the porting process.  I have 2 cellular lines, but only the old carrier is providing service, not Public Mobile's line.  I need to re-initiate the porting process & have sent "CS Agent" a message through this site, with no response.

Appreciate if someone can help with this, i.e. submit a request (as I've seen with previous posts).

As you have already sent a message to CS_Agent, please await a response from them.  Members who respond to you here are customers and cannot access your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jettmcqueen , can you make outgoing calls? 

If you cannot even make outgoing calls, that is also a sim card provisioning issue, please message support and ask them to check both account setup issue and porting (you might hve done that, check community inbox for their reply or message them again)

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But if you can make outgoing calls and just not incoming, it is porting.   There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.