cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving incoming calls and messages

coddx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Subscribed to the Public Mobile service a few days ago. Ported number from PC Mobile. The porting worked OK, and the service worked fine for both in/out calls/messages and data. This morning however I found that the incoming calls/messages stopped working. I still can receive messages from Public Mobile with authentication code, but not from any other sources. Submitted a ticket 254124-870 couple hours ago.

I need this to be fixed urgently as I'm expecting important calls!

7 REPLIES 7

coddx

yeah, I was in contact with a CS agent. After a few failed attempts to fix the issue, he escalated the ticket to the tech support team. The problem remains >24 hours since reported, and at the time when I truly need that service as I rarely do 😞

@dust2dust wrote:

Do you mean like short code verification codes and such? I've read here that these things can take upwards to a week to work.

2FA verification code.

@coddx wrote:

As I mentioned my service was working fine for couple days meaning the porting was OK (and this was confirmed by the TELUS porting team). My other identical phone ported from the same provider at about the same time still works fine. I'm inclined to think it's a pure Public Mobile internal problem

It does sound like a possible account issue.  The Public Mobile support system is not like live chat.  When you submit a ticket and get an acknowledgement in your inbox, it means the ticket is in the queue.  Agents will work down tickets in the order in which they are received.  The communication you will have in resolving your issue is via the private messaging system.  When someone works on your ticket they will communicate with a private message which is why the earlier suggestion to stay on top of the private message inbox.  

coddx

As I mentioned my service was working fine for couple days meaning the porting was OK (and this was confirmed by the TELUS porting team). My other identical phone ported from the same provider at about the same time still works fine. I'm inclined to think it's a pure Public Mobile internal problem

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@coddx were you really getting incoming calls from others without problem in the last couple days? 

Some people was able to make  incoming calls only and thought the porting was successful.  But truth is they never receive incoming calls, which is an indication that porting was not completed.

It's good you have submitted a ticket, you just need to wait for support to response

If you want to confirm the porting was indeed completed , there is a number to call, I will message you the number to your Community inbox

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean like short code verification codes and such? I've read here that these things can take upwards to a week to work.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@coddx hi if you submitted a ticket they should respond shortly check your envelope top right corner of this page for a reply it will light up with a number 

Need Help? Let's chat.