cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Ellen49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello dear Community,

Recently I have been told that calls to my phone have not been going through. Actually, sometimes they will and sometimes they will not. Just now waited for a verification code for banking and it did not come through.

It looks like I have1177 canada wide long distant min; 461 Int'n LD and 2

gd data. Not certain what is going on. Can you assist?

Ellen49

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ellen49 

You can try your SIM card in another 'known to be working' device which will help to exclude whether it is a device-related issue.

Also, try rebooting your device, resetting network connections, and toggling airplane mode on/off.

If this tends to ONLY occur in a certain location, it's likely environmental and based on location.

@Ellen49  Weak signal could definitely affect your service 

Adding  does it work in a different location 

Ellen49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah! I did not know that. I did not port anything... what does that do and should I? Perhaps it is merely weak signals as I'm in the country rather than in town/city.

Ellen49

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Minutes you have are to call OUT not to receive calls. All incoming calls/SMS are included in your plan, even the cheapest.

Not receiving calls might be due to tower weak signal due to various circumstances.

Did you port your number recently? If you did it takes some time (1-2 weeks) for routes to 'find' your number.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ellen49  Did you just port number over to PM and miss the 90 minute window to confirm port ? If so there’s a porting team number that can help I’ll send you it private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.