cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving 6 digit confirmation numbers

Elena_lb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new subscriber, not a previous account/number with any other provider with a new SIM card and the 6 digit code is not delivering to my new number so that my account activation can be confirmed.

13 REPLIES 13

MClayton

Thank you!

@MClayton   There is a known issue with SMS and iMessage for new Public Mobile customers.  Support can fix it.  Open a ticket at the chat/message icon bottom right of this page and if that doesn't work send them a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page or, if no envelope, tap your avatar for Messages.  Edit, I see you already opened a ticket, hopefully you will hear back shortly.

MClayton

I activated my account a couple of days ago and everything seemed to be working fine. Suddenly I wasn't able to send messages at all on my iPhone including iMessage.I noticed my telephone number had a spinning wheel next to it. Now the phone number doesn't appear at all.I inserted the Public mobile sim into my spouse's phone and the same thing happened to her phone. I installed her Lucky Moblile sim on my phone and it became fully functional again. I submitted a ticket.

EricdeJong

I put a ticket in.  Looks like up to 24hr wait.  I’m tech savvy, but this has me stumped.  This number is my personal and business line.  Where can I go or who can I call to escalate this matter?

@EricdeJong  You need to submit a ticket, if you can't do that via the chatbot then send a private message to customer support using this link and wait for a reply from an agent at the envelope icon top right or tap on your avatar for Messages if no envelope.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

EricdeJong

I replied yes.  Waited about 30 minutes, then switched my SIM cards.   I don’t get the sms code from Public to activate my full account.  When I try to login it to eversafe it says incorrect password.  So I choose reset password.  It emails me a code, I put it in.  It either says incorrect code or loops me back to the login screen and I start all over again.  
It’s been about 20 hours since activating my Public SIM card.  I followed all the self help ChatBot steps.

@Elena_lb  That post was in reply to EricdeJong who thought the  had the same problem but is having trouble porting a number.   I was explaining to them that you are not porting a number.

Having said that, you initially said you were not getting the code by text so hadn't activated the account, in which case you wouldn't be getting calls??

Elena_lb

There is no previous provider. Texting works but not calls. 

@EricdeJong  Yours sounds like a different problem since the OP is not porting in a number.  Did you reply YES to your previous provider's text asking permission to release the number within 90 minutes of receiving it?   Does anything work?   If everything else works, especially incoming calls, then it could just be the current SMS glitch which support can fix if you open a ticket at the chat/message icon bottom right of the page.  If your previous provider's sim still works and you don't get incoming voice calls then it's a porting problem.  More info would help direct you to the way to get a resolution.

Elena_lb

It is frustrating for sure, especially since we are paying and not able to use the phone.

EricdeJong

I’ve been having the same issue.  Frustrated that my phone number hasn’t been transferred over.  I don’t know if I’m missing any sms or calls.

Elena_lb

okay, thank you. I will try that

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Elena_lb 

Public Mobile has been dealing with SMS for almost 2 weeks now. You can click on resend password and keep hitting it till the "Send Email" option comes out and go that route. 

If you're still having issues, you can reach out to a Customer Service Agent for help.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1713641426443.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.