cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no text messages anymore

prent328
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am a long time subscriber.  Suddenly my text messages stopped coming in.  I am on automatic payment. I looked at My Account, and it said I needed to choose a new plan as it was expired.  I was on $30/month.  I changed my plan to $25 per month Oct 7th. Still no text messages.  I took my SIM card out and then replaced it.  I reset my network settings as suggested on another community message.  Turned phone on/off.  Still no text messages.

I have an LG G3.  Any idea anyone?

Help!!

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@prent328 

If your account status is expired or suspended, you need to add fund to your account enough to pay your plan fee.  Then, click the "reactivate current plan" link to get your phone working again.

If your account status is active and text message does not work, create a support ticket to get moderator to check on your account.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@prent328 

Make sure you explicitly tell the moderators what plan you want. The $30 is no longer available to new customers so you may want to keep that plan.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@prent328 there was a big warning that said to ignore the message if you are registered for auto-pay.

"plan expired" is part of the renewal process

contact customer support mods to fix your account. since you changed your plan on your renewal date causing further issues...

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

*one thing I noticed is, I called 611 and the message says "your account is expired please make a payment to restore your services" that's really confusing for someone who doesn't understand the way public works. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@prent328 

Some more details would be helpful.

Does your talk and data work?  

Is your account status active versus suspended in your self service account?

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.