cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal

PK4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i'm having some network issue, there is no signal on my phone. i tried to reset the network setting, but it didn't worked. i even tried to take off the sim and reinsert it, got the same result. did couple of rebooting, still not working. 

i am using an Android,  

20 REPLIES 20

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PK4 wrote:

i'm having some network issue, there is no signal on my phone. i tried to reset the network setting, but it didn't worked. i even tried to take off the sim and reinsert it, got the same result. did couple of rebooting, still not working. 

i am using an Android,  

@PK4  Presume you HAVE HAD service and you LOST it?

1. Please make sure that your device is unlocked. 
  2. Check your phone's compatibility with the Public Mobile network. 
  3. Make sure airplane mode is toggled "OFF"
  4. Tap on the following:   Settings, System or General Management, Reset or Reset Options, Reset Network Settings

5. Check self-serve to ensure service is Active and not Suspended

If none of this works, you may need to contact Moderators for assistance or explanation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PK4 wrote:

@Anonymous : it means i have to change my phone now?

If you prefer to stay with this place and use your phone for talk then yes.

Of course Telus wants you to move up to Koodo or Telus but another phone would do the trick too. Just move the SIM over to the other phone and you're away. You need to look at specific specifications of other phones if you wish to stay. ie. 1900 3G for talk. Or come here and ask and someone can say it would work or not. Just provide the full make/model/submodel of what you're looking at.

PK4

@Anonymous : it means i have to change my phone now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PK4 wrote:

@hTideGnow  currently i am using Android, device name is Realme 2, Model no. RMX1805

You were barely holding on to PM with that phone. Even LTE. You have 850 3G. They dropped that. The other frequency is 1900 which you don't have.

PK4

@esjliv no, not at the moment.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PK4 wrote:

@hTideGnow  currently i am using Android, device name is Realme 2, Model no. RMX1805

@PK4 , do you have access to a different phone to use?

@Anonymous ,    @PK4 RealMe 2 only has the B5(850) channel , do you know what is the only channel left on 3G for PM?

PK4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PK4 wrote:

@hTideGnow : did public mobile halted their services in Winnipeg ? 

As I understand it, they've re-purposed one of the 3G talk frequencies leaving just one frequency that PM uses. But the towers in your area would need to have that frequency. Which is why I asked what specific phone you have.

@PK4 

What is the impact?

Only customers in Winnipeg and Brandon will be impacted. Only certain Hz bands will be changing, which will impact the quality of voice calling and service. Data speeds will remain unchanged. 

You know what,  from what it said, you should at least have Data service.  Voice might be affected but not data.

Try putting your SIM in another phone if possible and see if you can have voice and/or data.

PK4

@hTideGnow : did public mobile halted their services in Winnipeg ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PK4 : Well...there you go. What exact make/model/submodel phone do you have? Maybe flip in/out of airplane mode to maybe find different frequencies. Not sure if that'll work and also whatever your phone is would need to be compatible.

@PK4 , sound like you might be in the affected area.  Best to check with Mod to confirm.  If that is the case, Koodo/Telus or other providers might be your only choice.

PK4

@Anonymous  yes i did

Oh no. we have one "casualty" now.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

PK4

winnipeg, MB

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PK4 wrote:

i am using an Android,  

@PK4 ,

Are you new to Public Mobile? 

Did you just activate a SIM card?

Did you activate a new number or Port one over?

If you are not new to Public Mobile try toggling into airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.

You seem to have have done some trouble-shooting. Ensure your Self Serve account is Active. Then I would check with the Moderators to ensure your SIM card is up to par and your account is all good.

Some info. to review regarding SIM swapping:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PK4 wrote:

i am using an Android,  

@PK4   Is your account active (no issues with suspended account for lack of payment?), or perhaps there may be an outage in your area?

BTW what plan are you on?  There have been a few threads reporting issues and they all seem to be on the $15 plan, which may be related if you are also on the same plan.  If that is the case then you'd need to contact moderators by submitting a ticket via chatbot here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Which province are you at?

Try put in your SIM into another phone if possible to confirm if it is a account/SIM issue or if it is phone issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.